Cisco ASDM Realtime Logging

Answered Question
Jul 21st, 2010
User Badges:

Hi

A very simple question i think.  Can i vew traffic in the realtime  viewer in ASDM 6.1 for just a specific port?  Im trying to see traffic  on port 25 but i dont know the filter i need to put in.  If i put 25 in  there i get too much info with anything including the number 25 etc.  If  i put TCP 25 i see nothing.  Also tried SMTP and nothing.

Sorry  for such a basic question, hope someone can help.

Thanks

Rob

Correct Answer by mirober2 about 7 years 4 days ago

Hi Rob,

You can use some basic regex to help clean up the output. Try this:

/25[^0-9]

This will match things like /25) or /25, but not anything that has another number after the /25, such as /2500.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Nagaraja Thanthry Wed, 07/21/2010 - 07:14
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hello,

Can you try "/25" instead of "25" and see if that helps?

Regards,

NT

marshyrob Wed, 07/21/2010 - 07:37
User Badges:

Hi NT

Thanks for the reply.

That seems to produce better results in that it shows only ports that includes 25 in them, so its better but i just want to see SMTP so only port 25.

There are still a lot of logs going through that have the number 25 in the port and its hard to spot the ones that are only port 25.  But if this is the best im gonna get then its better than what i had before.

Thanks for your time

Rob

Correct Answer
mirober2 Wed, 07/21/2010 - 08:10
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Rob,

You can use some basic regex to help clean up the output. Try this:

/25[^0-9]

This will match things like /25) or /25, but not anything that has another number after the /25, such as /2500.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

marshyrob Wed, 07/21/2010 - 08:19
User Badges:

Excellent thats produced the results i wanted, thanks very much Mike thats perfect!

Also thanks to NT for contributing his part!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion