Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPT Design question

for fax solution, fax to email for 100 users with same DN or different DN ? going with right fax is only the best solution ? please light me more on this ?

it is possible to integrate CUE with exchange 2003 or later for voicemail access ? or for unified communication we need to go always with unity alone ?

In Cisco based what is best and cost effective video solution, customer needs two video end points.

the below is right choice

IPVC-3515-MCU12           Unified Videoconferencing 3515 MCU, 12 Video Ports.

IPVC-3527-GW1P             Unified Videoconferencing 3527 H.320-H.323 Gateway.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
for fax solution, fax to email for 100 users with same DN or different 
DN ? 

I would strongly suggest assigning descrete directory numbers per user; one each for fax and voice. If you use the same number it requires a touchy TCL script on your voice gateway to distinguish between voice and fax calls. Even with the TCL script it is not perfect and some fax calls from old fax machines will not get routed properly.

going with right fax is only the best solution ? please light me 
more on this ?

RightFax is definitely not the only option. In my opinion, it is the worst option. I would recommend looking at SageCom's XMediusFAX product instead.

it is possible to integrate CUE with exchange 2003 or later for 
voicemail access ? or for unified communication we need to go always 
with unity alone ?

Cisco Unity Express is not a Unified Messaging product. You can access your mailbox through an IMAP connection in Outlook but that is called Integrated Messaging because it involves a separate inbox. You will need to use Unity for true Unified Messaging today.

In Cisco based what is best and cost effective video solution, customer needs two video end points.

IPVC-3515-MCU12          Unified Videoconferencing 3515 MCU, 12 Video Ports.

Wow, not at all. The 3515 is used to provide video conferencing resources for three or more call participants and the 3527 is used to interface with TDM H.320 connections. If the customer just needs two video phones you can order a Cisco Unified 9971 IP Phone or use Cisco Unified Video Advantage on the user's PC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
for fax solution, fax to email for 100 users with same DN or different 
DN ? 

I would strongly suggest assigning descrete directory numbers per user; one each for fax and voice. If you use the same number it requires a touchy TCL script on your voice gateway to distinguish between voice and fax calls. Even with the TCL script it is not perfect and some fax calls from old fax machines will not get routed properly.

going with right fax is only the best solution ? please light me 
more on this ?

RightFax is definitely not the only option. In my opinion, it is the worst option. I would recommend looking at SageCom's XMediusFAX product instead.

it is possible to integrate CUE with exchange 2003 or later for 
voicemail access ? or for unified communication we need to go always 
with unity alone ?

Cisco Unity Express is not a Unified Messaging product. You can access your mailbox through an IMAP connection in Outlook but that is called Integrated Messaging because it involves a separate inbox. You will need to use Unity for true Unified Messaging today.

IPVC-3515-MCU12          Unified Videoconferencing 3515 MCU, 12 Video Ports.

Wow, not at all. The 3515 is used to provide video conferencing resources for three or more call participants and the 3527 is used to interface with TDM H.320 connections. If the customer just needs two video phones you can order a Cisco Unified 9971 IP Phone or use Cisco Unified Video Advantage on the user's PC.

Thanks for the reply Jonathan, few more question  Please light me more about SageComs fax solution for 100 user [ fax to email ] and video solution we have already give two normal Video phone, they need two more video conference with HD 50 inch screen.

Could you please light me about this two solutions.

You can find additional information about XMediusFAX at the vendor's website: http://www.sagem-interstar.com/  The product is licensed by concurrent fax ports, not users.

video solution we have already give two normal Video phone, 
they need two more video conference with HD 50 inch screen.

There is no such thing as a "normal video phone". There are far too many codecs and vendor-specific optimizations to be able to say that. What are the two phones you have currently? Is there a call agent managing them or do they call the other phones' IP address directly?

As for room-based video conferencing: There are several vendors out there that do this. On the Cisco side of things you have all of the Tandberg codecs. Other manufacturers such as Polycom or LifeSize also exist. Read carefully about the bandwidth requirements because none of them are going to work well, if at all, over a 256Kb link.

7985 Video IP Phone quoted, please light me more detail about cisco Video cost effective solution for two numbers alone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: