CVP vxml data read by dialer and from socket port

Unanswered Question
Jul 21st, 2010

Hi,
I have two queries regarding CVP and UCCE solution:
1. Is Cisco ICME Outbound Dialer can read data from CVP VXML and dial to that number. The reason is we want to receive customer phone number through CVP VXML and want to dial these numbers through Dialer.

2. How CVP can read and response from and to VXML socket port via TCP/IP connection.

Kindly help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Muzammel Haque

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

1. Is Cisco ICME Outbound Dialer can read data from CVP VXML and dial to that number. The reason is we want to receive customer phone number through CVP VXML and want to dial these numbers through Dialer.

No.

The only interface is through the import list loaded by the Import process. We have discussed this before - please search.

My outline was to make CVP VXML write these requests into a database and use an out-of-band service/job to wake up occasionally, process the outstanding requests, write the import file in the appropriate format, and mark the entries as done.

The Dialer will suck these in and make the calls.

Regards,

Geoff

haquemuzammel Sat, 07/24/2010 - 04:42

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for the reply. I have understood that it is possible to dial by collecting data from VXML but first need to insert into a database; I am trying to implement this now on LAB.

Basically we have Cisco UCCE 7.5 solution with Comprehensive CVP deployment and want to extend and integrate IVR service with new mobile banking application.

The way we are thinking that basic banking part would be meeting by SMS/USSD call and would be handled by Banking Application. When customer want to transfer amount to other account then for PIN verification Banking Application will send Customer Mobile Number to IPCC so that Dialer will dial to that customer for PIN verification and prompt IVR announcement. IPCC will receive customer PIN and send to the Banking Application for verification and after verified PIN by Banking application will confirm to IPCC and IVR will prompt to the customer that PIN is verified. This way IPCC and banking application will perform of the amount transfer and other services.

Banking Application designer wants to forward and receive all these information from and to IPCC by a single VXML  socket port so that Banking Application will always send vxml message to that socket port and IPCC will always read this information and will give the treatment accordingly. Based on this we need help that how we can collect and transfer customer information from and to that vxml socket port by using CVP VXML so that we can dial and provide IVR services.

It would be really great if you kindly guide how we can achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Muzammel Haque

I have done something similar for a bank.

In this application, a caller in a CVP VXML application (already identified by account number and PIN) wants to establish a standing order to transfer funds. After they go through the initial steps, the system then tells the caller that they will be called back on the phone number recorded in the database (not the current ANI) for that customer in order to complete the transaction.

The Dialer calls the number, and when they answer are transferred to CVP VXML (an IVR campaign). The VXML application explains the situation and asks for the caller to confirm the standing order with their PIN. If it matches, the standing order is confirmed.

The idea here is if someone is fraudulently using the account number and PIN, a call is made to the customer's phone registered in the account - not the phone they are calling from. So the scammer would also have to have access to the customer's mobile/home phone to complete a standing order (that may be transferring funds to another account).

When customer want to transfer amount to other account then for PIN verification Banking Application will send Customer Mobile Number to IPCC so that Dialer will dial to that customer for PIN verification and prompt IVR announcement.

The first thing you have to sort out is how the banking application talks to ICM. ICM can integrate to a back end system through DBLookup, App Gateway or the IVR (IPIVR or CVP VXML). When a call arrives, the back end system can be checked. In your case, you are trying to tell ICM about something that happened in the back end - and you can't do that.

All you can do is what I described above - make the back-end application write the import file, including the BAAccountNumber, and the Dialer will call the customer in the context of an IVR Campaign. When the customer answers, the CVP VXML application will run, and it will have access to the BAAccountNumber.

This is the key that ties the whole thing together.

The CVP VXML application must be integrated with the back-end system at this point - database API, web service, socket connection and so on.

Banking Application designer wants to forward and receive all these information from and to IPCC by a single VXML  socket port so that Banking Application will always send vxml message to that socket port and IPCC will always read this information and will give the treatment accordingly.

You cannot have the Banking Application drive the process. It can act as a request/response module, but the CVP VXML application asks the questions and gets the answers.

You can certainly have the CVP VXML application open a socket, send a request, get the response, parse it and close the socket. I have done this for a large customer.

You need to construct a prototype. As I said, requests in the Banking Application to make the outbound calls are buffered through a table. A scheduled job wakes up every (say) 60s and reads this table, creating an import file for the Dialer, and marking the rows as done. Now the Dialer places those calls and the process starts.

The BAAccountNumber is the only thing you have to glue the CVP VXML application and the job in the Banking Application together, It can be a compound key that you parse in CVP VXML.

Regards,

Geoff

haquemuzammel Sun, 07/25/2010 - 01:06

Hi Geoff,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Can you share an example of VXML mesage format with details specification for socket communication with CVP script?

It would be really helpfull for us.

Thanks & Rgards,

Muzammel Haque

Can you share an example of VXML mesage format with details specification for socket communication with CVP script?

You are going down the wrong path with this line of thinking. Can you please read my post again - I don't think you have grasped the issues.

The CVP VXML application is responsible for generating the VXML interpreted by the IOS Voice Browser on the gateway - after a bit of boot-strapping VXML from the Call Server GS,Server,V microapp.

You are allowed to perform back end processing in your VXML application using Call Studio. You can program (in Java) any back end interface you like to talk to your Banking System. If you want to open a socket and send / receive whatever encoding you like, that is possible. This encoding would be suited to the back-end system; it would not be VXML.

Regards,

Geoff

Doan Khanh Tan Thanh Sun, 07/25/2010 - 21:48

I

Last time I thought about that too much. And finally I found a best way to do this task and it works great.

Once you create a new campaign, the BAdatabase will create a new table called DL_5000_5000 for example. And you can use the java class in vxml script to insert directly the customer number into this table and maybe the time to dial out and alot of settings and mark this record to "P" or "R".

Regards,

Thanh

Actions

This Discussion