SQL 2005 tools on uxxc 7.0

Unanswered Question
Jul 21st, 2010
User Badges:

Does anyone know or can anyone point me in the right direction, I am trying to find out if the SQL 2005 MS tools are support on the UCCX 7.01 box in a HA install.  We have a database for dips that is 2005 so we installed the tools for 2005 and we are having some weird issues with HR replication and reports don't run on the secondary box but they do run on the primary box and we are wondering if there is any chance this could be are problem.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Walter Solano Wed, 07/21/2010 - 08:22
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hello,

I have seen very weird issues when doing that, some times the SQL agent not even starts in any node. As you know UCCX 7.0(1) uses MS SQL 2000 data base and if you need to install any extra tool its better if you use the ones for SQL 2000

HTH

Walter Solano

Aaron Harrison Wed, 07/21/2010 - 08:27
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

Have you taken a look in System/Datastore Control Center in appadmin? I've seen issues with the datastores losing replication status on several occasions, sometimes seemingly of their own accord, and also after installing DB drivers and so on.

It can be fixed by deactivating/reactivating the failed datastore (i.e. HR in your case, possibly others) on the secondary via component activation.

Aaron

DAFitzgerald Wed, 07/21/2010 - 14:06
User Badges:

Thanks for the quick reply, I noticed that we are using SQL server native client for 2005 to make the DSN connection for the customer.  Should we also uninstall that as well or is that ok to leave as long as the 2005 tools and 2005 backward compatibility are removed?

Actions

This Discussion