Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G interfaces

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I have a quick question, i have to deploy a 3750G switch to one of our sites and the interfaces are reading as if the switch was in a stack previously.

when i go to sh run all the interfaces come up as 2/0/1 - 2/0/24.This switch will not be in a stack so shouldn't the interfaces start with 1/0/1. And if

i need to change them what command would i use to correct this or is this something i shouldn't worry about.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bknoblau
Level 1
Level 1

Scooter,

This is most likely because the switch was stack member 2 the last time the 3750 was joined to a stack.  If you wish to change the switch so it is once again stack member 1 you can use the following command in the global configuration mode:

switch 2 renumber 1

This command will take effect next time the device is reloaded.   For more information about stack member numbers, follow the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1112897

Regards,

BK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bknoblau
Level 1
Level 1

Scooter,

This is most likely because the switch was stack member 2 the last time the 3750 was joined to a stack.  If you wish to change the switch so it is once again stack member 1 you can use the following command in the global configuration mode:

switch 2 renumber 1

This command will take effect next time the device is reloaded.   For more information about stack member numbers, follow the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1112897

Regards,

BK

i used this command "switch 2 renumber 1 " and now when i look i have interfaces 1/0/1 - 1/0/24 and 2/0/1 - 2/0/24.

Did I  input the command correctly

I just did a wr erase and it fixed the problem, thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card