cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC doesn't find deskphone

jrichardson
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CUCM and CUPC and I have one user (the company president, of course) who cannot control his deskphone - each day he calls me in to his office and shows me that when he tries to dial from Outlook, the controlled device (deskphone) is not available -  I simply switch control to the softphone and then back again and all works until the next day. Please help!!

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Does he leave the CUPC logged on for the whole night?

It may be the CUPC got timed out with CTIManager (on CUCM).  Switch the phone mode will re-initiate a new CTI connection thus regain the phone control.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael - Thanx for your reply - I was going to check this evening to see if he had logged out and instead, he left early today and did log out - so I will see if he has the trouble again tomorrow. I don't know if he does all the time or not.

In trying to research this I found a post of yours where you recomended that they increase the "CTI Request Timer" - might that help me - the "Request Timer" is set to 5 and the "Login Request Timer" is set to 300.

Also, will the log files shed some light on the problem here - I am very new to all of this but I discovered the "Create Problem Report" option under help in CUPC - there seemed to be lots of info in there although alot of it was greek to me.

Thanx Again

Update - I logged into the bosses computer this morning and got this error - I hit the "Use Softphone" button and (of course) I was not able to control my deskphone - changing the "Phone Mode" manually then made all OK.

So my questions is - Why is it not able to find the phone initially?

I also logged out and back in, and it found the phone with no trouble. Will try again in a little while to just see...

TIA for any help you can give

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: