Views
Helpful
Replies

mgmt0 is listed as down

adambaum1
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I notice from some show tech log files that mgmt0 is down (Administratively down).  Doing a sh int mgmt0 also says its down.  Is this normal?  I can ssh into the fabric IP (both cluster ip and fab IPs).  If the port is "down", should I be able to do this?

adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Tandon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adam

The Fabric Interconnects run multiple processes/control planes viz. UCSM, NXOS and local-mgmt.

The mgmt0 is under the control of UCSM and not NXOS.

So when you do a show int in NXOS it shows you to be down while it is not. Misleading behavior no doubt and will be addressed in future releases i.e the show command for mgmt0 will be deprecated from the NXOS side of the house.

If you want to check on mgmt0, scope to the fabric interconnect and execute show commands there.

For example -

ME-TestBed-B# scope fabric-interconnect a

ME-TestBed-B /fabric-interconnect # show

Fabric Interconnect:

ID OOB IP Addr     OOB Gateway     OOB Netmask     Operability

-- --------------- --------------- --------------- -----------

A  172.25.180.6    172.25.180.1    255.255.255.0   Operable

Hope it helps.
--Manish

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Manish Tandon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adam

The Fabric Interconnects run multiple processes/control planes viz. UCSM, NXOS and local-mgmt.

The mgmt0 is under the control of UCSM and not NXOS.

So when you do a show int in NXOS it shows you to be down while it is not. Misleading behavior no doubt and will be addressed in future releases i.e the show command for mgmt0 will be deprecated from the NXOS side of the house.

If you want to check on mgmt0, scope to the fabric interconnect and execute show commands there.

For example -

ME-TestBed-B# scope fabric-interconnect a

ME-TestBed-B /fabric-interconnect # show

Fabric Interconnect:

ID OOB IP Addr     OOB Gateway     OOB Netmask     Operability

-- --------------- --------------- --------------- -----------

A  172.25.180.6    172.25.180.1    255.255.255.0   Operable

Hope it helps.
--Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card