Views
Helpful
Replies

Limiting Roles and User Groups

Terry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a new UCM 8. I've read through the UCM System Guide on Roles and User Groups, set up the example help desk accounts and all of that seems to be working.

What I would like to do is limit the helpdesk accounts to a specific group of end users. For instance, account helpdeskA can only add or make changes to end users in usergroupA, HelpdeskuserB  can only add or make changes to end users in usergroupB... Is this possible without adding a product like Arcana?

Thanks,

Terry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM doesn't go any further than allowing you to get into certain configuration page and have read/only or change permissions.

There is no way to limit or narrow a search scope to just some elements with just CUCM.

If they can get to the user page, they can change any user.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM doesn't go any further than allowing you to get into certain configuration page and have read/only or change permissions.

There is no way to limit or narrow a search scope to just some elements with just CUCM.

If they can get to the user page, they can change any user.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Well, you can develop your own application using AXL API. Then you don't have to buy a 3rd party product

Kind regards,

- Adrian.