Views
Helpful
Replies

query on change of routing path

donnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My HQ site have intermittent connectivity problem to one of my overseas site. Eg, VPN connectivity to my overseas site face intermittent connectivity problems. I provide my isp(internet line for my HQ) the tracert from my HQ site to my overseas site and vice versa. Base on the tracert provided, my isp change the routing path from HQ to my overseas site. And connectivity issue was resolved. Will change of routing affect connectivity? Before the changes made by isp, my tracert could reach my overseas site. Pls advise. Thks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

wenbin_li wrote:

Hi all,

My HQ site have intermittent connectivity problem to one of my overseas site. Eg, VPN connectivity to my overseas site face intermittent connectivity problems. I provide my isp(internet line for my HQ) the tracert from my HQ site to my overseas site and vice versa. Base on the tracert provided, my isp change the routing path from HQ to my overseas site. And connectivity issue was resolved. Will change of routing affect connectivity? Before the changes made by isp, my tracert could reach my overseas site. Pls advise. Thks in advance.

Difficult to say. Your ISP may have routed you across another less utilised link and hence removed your intermittent connectivity issues. So what they did may well have fixed your connectivity issues but you won't really know exactly what they did and to be honest as long as you have no more connectivity issues it shouldn't be an issue for you.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card