cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Mobile Mgr shows users connected even after they disconnect

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a demo of WAAS Mobile 3.5 going and have noticed that even after users disconnect, I still see them listed under WAAS Mobile Manager. They'll show TCP connection status/statistics for last day/last hour even thought they're disconnected. My concern is that the data I'm showing/selling to the customer using the Management tab on Manager may be showing bogus information.

Has anyone noticed this or am I reading this incorrectly? Is this information historical, such as showing their last hour's performance of WHEN they were connected and the last TCP sessions of WHEN they were connected?

Thanks!

Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are reading it correctly. WAAS Mobile has a feature called persistent connections where the connection will remain open as the mobile client disconnects and reconnect with (potentially) a new access point or cell tower. This "bogus" connection can last up to an hour before it times out and disconnects. The advantage is that the client and server maintain the connection with the origin server while there is a temporary disconnect, while the con is that the connection takes up a license slot. If this is a problem, then you can disable persistent connections, but this is not recommended unless you are really tight on license slots...

-ken

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

You are reading it correctly. WAAS Mobile has a feature called persistent connections where the connection will remain open as the mobile client disconnects and reconnect with (potentially) a new access point or cell tower. This "bogus" connection can last up to an hour before it times out and disconnects. The advantage is that the client and server maintain the connection with the origin server while there is a temporary disconnect, while the con is that the connection takes up a license slot. If this is a problem, then you can disable persistent connections, but this is not recommended unless you are really tight on license slots...

-ken

Sounds like it exactly.....Thanks!

Well, I guess the plot thickens. My customer sent me some screen shots- the user "dhayes"

is NOT VPNed in right, and ain fact the client IP address that WAAS Mobile shows, is being used by another VPN client as indicated by the ASA (who doesn't have WAAS Mobile). Note how DHayes shows a "connected" status......yeah, definitely not connected........Is this some kind of WAASM bug?

Any idea?

Thanks!

WAAS Mobile will continue to show this user connected, despite the fact that he has actually disconnected and the IP has been resused, until the timer runs out and the persistent session is cancelled.

Kenneth,

Do you know where that timer is located exactly? My customer is concerned that the stats he is seeing is bogus. It doesn't seem to be an issue with all users. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a WAAS Mobile Manager to browse through the menus for the customer.

Thanks!

Mike,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: