cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 VG202, 202, and 224 Not showing in Topology Map!

haidar_alm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Would there be a reason for VG202, 204, and 224 not to show in the topology map?

I can see the devices under Device Management in RME, also can see them unde the Topology Services window, however, when the topology map comes up, I cannot see the devices in there, when I try to find them they are not listed, andn ot listed in the Device type within the VTP Domain Topology window that shows a map of the devices on our domain neither!

Do I need to download a MIB for these devices for the topology map to recognise them?

PS: The following is a list of Software Spec I have installed on our network:

• LMS 2.6
  • CiscoWork Common Services 3.0.6
  • Campus Manager 4.0.13
  • CiscoView 6.1.5
  • Device Fault Manager 2.0.13
  • Integration Utility 1.6.0
  • Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.6
  • Many thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

None of these specific models are supported by Campus Manager.  Campus only supports the VG200 (only the 200) and VG248 device types.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

The VG224 is not supported by Campus Manager.  The VG200s should show up provided they are running CDP, and show up in their neighbors' "show cdp neighbor" output.

Dear Joseph,

Apologies for my late reply, I was away on Holiday.

Checking on our topology map the VG202 and 204 show as a green box with a question mark on it.

I connected to the switch that they are attached to and I can see the devices when I run the sh cdp nei command.

Any advise please?

Showing up as ? is expected if Campus does not have support for the sysObjectID of these devices.  What are they listed as in the right-hand device type list within Topology Services?

The devices are showing as:

VG224 => CiscoProducts.558

VG204 => CiscoProducts.963

VG202 => CiscoProducts.964

Ta

None of these specific models are supported by Campus Manager.  Campus only supports the VG200 (only the 200) and VG248 device types.

Dear Joseph,

Many thanks for your assistance!

KR

Haidar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: