cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I "Add Lines" to existing UDP? Please help...

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to find a way to add lines to multiple existing UDPs all at once. I thought it would be an easy

job, but i cannot get it to work. Now I have to update many UDP with their Directory Numbers manually, one by one.

Heres what I am doing:

Downloading the BAT template>selcting the "Add Lines" tab at bottom.

I am entering a Device profile name of an existing IP communicator device profile, the Line Index and the Directory Number.

I leave the rest blank. I then upload the file, go to UDP > Add lines and select the file I have created along with a template with a few basic details only.

However, I keep getting an error in the logs as below:

UDP Add Lines

Begin Time : 07/22/2010 12:42:14

Query :

Insert User Device Profiles in  /common/bps/csvfiles/userdeviceprofiles/addlines/addlinesBAT3.txt

Failure Details :

Device Profile Name          Error Code          Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARK MONITORING FORWARD NO RETRIEVE EXTERNAL  DESTINATION is not a supported field.

Result Summary :

INSERT for 1 USER DEVICE PROFILES could not be  processed.

INSERT for 0 USER DEVICE PROFILES passed.

INSERT for 0 USER DEVICE PROFILES failed.

End Time   : 07/22/2010 12:42:15

I have also deleted the PARK MONITORING FORWARD NO RETRIEVE EXTERNAL  DESTINATION field from the file as well as tried many different variations of values and still I get the same...

Has anyone got any idea what the heck I need to do to get this up and running? Many thanks for any help...

6 Replies 6

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please give me some help here...I still have not figured it out???

Jason Burns
Level 1
Level 1

Shane,

Have you checked the prelimiary stuff?

Does your BAT Template for UDP contain enough template lines for the transaction?

Does your PhoneButtonTemplate on the BAT Template contain new spots for the lines?

If the above information is correct you could always try an export of the UDP (Specific Details) and then INSERT the UDPs after adding lines. I haven't tried this on my system with UDPs, but I have done it with phones.

Hi...yes the preliminary stuff is up to scratch...I know because I have used BAT for many other tasks but this one will not work...

I tried to insert a UDP also which include the Directory number also. I done this by hitting the Create File Format button on the excel file and entering the Directory Number field...On the template I have added a DN called Line1 which should allocate space for the DN...However I got the following error in the logs again:

BATtester1          DEVICE-LINE Association :: Error : 115           Devices can only be associated with DNs, Route Patterns and Hunt Pilots

BATtester2          DEVICE-LINE Association :: Error : 115           Devices can only be associated with DNs, Route Patterns and Hunt Pilots

Result Summary :

INSERT for 0 USER DEVICE PROFILES passed.

INSERT for 2 USER DEVICE PROFILES failed.

End Time   : 07/29/2010 16:30:03

I am totally at a loss as to how the HECK I can get this to work.. I appreciate your help though!

Shane,

I did some searching and the error you mention closely matches this defect:

CSCsv20231 - park monitor forward no retrieve ext voice mail is not a supported field

The interesting thing is that particular defect is for a Remote Destination Profile, not a User Device Profile.

Are you sure you're selecting User Device Profile in the Excel spreadsheet, and not Remote Destination Profile?

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately my level of access wont allow me to view that Bug. In any case, yes I am 100% certain I am selecting UDP and not remote destination profile...

Could it be a bug with the CUCM version of code I wonder?

Shane,

It does sounds like either another way to hit this bug I've linked above, or a new bug altogether. I think we need to throw some extra resources at this problem.

Please open a TAC case and you can link the TAC engineer to this supportforums thread. It has all the info TAC would need to get started on solving the problem. If TAC does find a new defect we can update this discussion thread so the rest of the community can see the solution.

TAC will ask for

1. The CSV file you're uploading

2. A screen shot of the template you're using

3. The Bulk Provisioning Service traces at the detailed level, from the time you ran the Add Lines job.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: