Views
Helpful
Replies

I can not play messages on visual voicemail

Cirstea Nelu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed visual voicemail, I can login an the application, I can see the messages but when I press the play button after a while a message appears "No line available to play messages".

Nelu

8 Replies 8

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We would need more info on this to get started. There are config issues that cause this but also bugs depending on version of Unity or Unity Connection that also resolve this. Please give Unity or Unity Connection info on this and also if Unity Connection, is it a cluster of two servers.

Thanks!

Tray

I am having the same issue.  We are running Unity Connection 7.1(3) running in active-active HA mode.  We are SIP integrated to CUCM 8.0.  I created 2 new SIP trunks (reused the SIP security profile and SIP Profile from the original CUCM integration, created a new Route Group, Route List, Route Pattern and Voicemail pilot.  The phones are running SIP.  They are subscribed to the Visual Voicemail service.  After loging in, the prompts show Opening Line, Checking Connection, Retrying Connection, and, finally, no line available to play message.  All ports in the CUCM port group are set to Enable and TRAP Connection.

Darryl

Hi There,

Please try the following

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/1002157

HTH, Please rate if so

Regards,

Justin

UC Integrations

www.ucintegrations.com

Justin,

Thanks for the link.  I tried what was suggested.  I tried a call_connect_delay parameter of 500, 1500 and 2000.  The only change is the number of retries before the no lines available message.

Darryl

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Nelu,

What version of Unity Connection are you using?

I have found the following bug that could be related to your issue.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsz70510&from=summary

Hope this helps, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin

UC Integrations

www.ucintegrations.com

Justin,

That looks exactly like the behavior we are experiencing.  We are running 7.1(3).  We are scheduled to upgrade to 8.0 soon, so I may wait until then to continue my troubleshooting.

Thanks for the link,

Darryl

Hi Try this one...

I found that when the SUB (NORR)  answered for Visual Vmail, it would fail.

I re-did the Hunt list to only  include ports on the publisher, and use a ‘top down’ search Hunt  List.

The search was ‘Longest Idle’  which was why the problem was intermittent (sometime a PUB port, sometimes a SUB  port.)

I also removed message waiting  setting functionality from the Visual VM ports so they weren’t doing double  duty.

I increased the number of  Message waiting ports.

This doesn’t answer why it’s not  working on the SUB, but I believe the issue is resolved from a user  standpoint.

Hello all,

Thank you for your answers. I have sucuceed to manage this. I fund a link on the blog of IPExpert and I did everything in there.

Thank you to all.

Best Regards,

Nelu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: