cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager transfer files via SFTP

Jcotter001_2
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to transfer files using the File Get XXXX command to a SFTP server. Having problems finding an SFTP server application I can transfer files to that will be compatible.  Am I missing something?  SFTP clients seem to be plenty but SFTP servers appear to be rare.

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try CopSSH - Open SSH Server for Windows.  Runs great, runs as a service, I recommend to all my clients and have had no issues.

Now as for what you're trying to do, are you initiating a transfer from a client to/from CUCM or from CUCM to/from a server?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the reply.   My immediate task is trying to transfer a file from CUCM to a server.  For instance I enter File Get TFTP Desktops/320x212x16/list.xml.  I am than asked to enter SFTP SERVER IP, name, password etc.

Gotcha. I assume the SFTP server is the part you're missing. Try CopSSH. This should get you started, a tech note/blog that my colleague put together. It's our standard recommendation for all clients that do not have an existing solution:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/which-windows-sftp-server-should-i-use-for-my-cisco-uc-appliance-how-about-copssh.html?blogger=William+Bell

Thank you for the information.  I will give it a go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: