Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE4710 Rack Mounting problem

rzsqlj000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there. Hope you can help.

I have just installed 2 ACE 4710 load Balancers into a 42U HP rack. We have mounted the rails

that came with the 4710's in the racks as specified. However, when we slide the uniserver

t into the rails it does not go fully home. There is about an inch gap between the 4710 front panel where the securing screws are housed and the actual cage nut located in the rack. The device will not fit flush with the racking! This cannot be right but I can see no way in which it can fit flush as the rails sliding system is fully closed up against its stops. There is no way you can mount the rails or side rails wrong so am i going mad????

2 Replies 2

paulm1bds
Level 1
Level 1

Andy,  You have made the mistake of adjusting the rear rails only.  You needed to adjust the front rails.  The two phillips screws are accessible by sliding the rails forward until the screw heads become visible.  The front screw needs to be removed entirely and moved to a more suitable preset hole.  I do not understand why service rails are included anyhow as you cannot service this unit in the service position.  Maybe it is so that you can read the unit serial number which is stuck to the top of the unit!

Paul.

Many thanks for the response. Will try what you suggest and let you know the outcome.

ANDY WILKINSON

Environments Manager

Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)

HP Enterprise Services

Telephone +44 1908.852213

Mobile +44 7790.493846 

Email andy.wilkinson@hp.com

FCO Email andy.wilkinson@fco.gsi.gov.uk 

Hanslope Park,Building 109,Hanslope / Milton Keynes. Bucks MK19 7BH

HP Enterprise Services UK Ltd

Registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HN

Registered no: 53419 England

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you have received this message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender. To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you should consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".