Level 1

hello

I am a new user for LMS 3.2

i have 2 switch cisco

the first is cisco 3750 with management ip 192.168.1.108

the second is 2960 with management ip 192.168.1.214

i try to connect my device , and i can't, this is my configurations,

i can make ping and telnet from serveur LMS

plz any body help me ,Are there any configurations needed??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few changes you could make are:

1. Make sure the community you are using is configured on the device.  It could be that these devices are found "Unreachable" by the discovery process and hence not added to the database.  This happens if the SNMP community is incorrect. Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Discovery and see if you have "Unreachable Devices" there.  If so, the problem is the SNMP community you configured does not match what is on the device./cwhp/discovery.summary.do

Right now, your SNMP settings will ONLY search for 192.168.1.108 and 192.168.1.214 using the community you have configured.  All other devices will be ignored.  You should use a broader SNMP target, ie. 192.*.*.* or *.*.*.* and remove your current two entries.

2. Change your filters as right now ONLY 192.168.1.108 and 192.168.1.214 will be included in your discovery.  All other devices will be excluded since they are not in the "included" list.  You can just disable any sort of filter unless you have a specific filtering need.

Check this DOCUMENT which explains how discovery works and how to configure it in detail.  It should help you tweak the discovery as you see fit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few changes you could make are:

1. Make sure the community you are using is configured on the device.  It could be that these devices are found "Unreachable" by the discovery process and hence not added to the database.  This happens if the SNMP community is incorrect. Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Discovery and see if you have "Unreachable Devices" there.  If so, the problem is the SNMP community you configured does not match what is on the device./cwhp/discovery.summary.do

Right now, your SNMP settings will ONLY search for 192.168.1.108 and 192.168.1.214 using the community you have configured.  All other devices will be ignored.  You should use a broader SNMP target, ie. 192.*.*.* or *.*.*.* and remove your current two entries.

2. Change your filters as right now ONLY 192.168.1.108 and 192.168.1.214 will be included in your discovery.  All other devices will be excluded since they are not in the "included" list.  You can just disable any sort of filter unless you have a specific filtering need.

Check this DOCUMENT which explains how discovery works and how to configure it in detail.  It should help you tweak the discovery as you see fit.

OK the problem is resolved, i can see my device, i use a broader SNMP target with IP " 192.168.1.* "and i catch 8 device, 6 server and 2 switch on my network

but i have an error on RME. it's failed to collect the server and the switch

i have the screen shot off error in the file attached

what i can do to collect my devices?

The problem is LMS cannot connect via telnet to most of the devices.  First make sure you can telnet to these devices from the LMS server directly.  If so, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.  Search for one device with the problem and hit "Edit Credentials".  Under "Standard Credentials" make sure the credentials there are the ones you used to telnet to it.

Couple of devices are also failing due to community string (ie. 192.168.1.2), make sure the community string on this device, matches the credentials in Common Services also.  If you still have problems with this, please open a separate thread to troubleshoot further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: