Replies

Using ACE's XML interface

Disizme95
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm encountering troubles with ACE's XML interface:

-trying to perform a "show running config" I did the following via curl

curl "http://www:[password]@[ACE_IP_ADRESS]/bin/xml_agent" -k  -d "xml_cmd=<request_xml context-name=\"Admin\"><show_running-config/></request_xml>"

But ACE replies that the context name is invalid!! And when I do the same thing without specifying a context name it works and display the running config for Admin context!

The problem is that I need to do this show command in other contexts. I think specifying a context name is similar to executing a "changeto" command from the CLI so I have to do it...

Thank you for helping

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

To use context name the tag is ctx-name so if I want to get running config for a context named sam you would use:

xml_cmd=\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

To use context name the tag is ctx-name so if I want to get running config for a context named sam you would use:

xml_cmd=\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n

Regards

Thank you for the answer. In fact it was because I didn't have the Admin role and because the IP address I used for the request was the IP of a specified context so I couldn't display the show run of the Admin context...

Well it works grat now

AlexandrKry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I'm trying to accomplish something different, but it fits the topic.

I want to get the show resource allocation command output via XML interface.

Here's the xml_cmd that I tried:

xml_cmd=

But I'm getting the following error:

command - not supported by xml interface

What is the correct xml_cmd I should send to ACE to get the output of show resource allocation?

I always use raw request i.e:

xml_cmd=xml-show on\r\n

show resource usage\r\n

\r\n

For the benefit for all, there is a document posted which talks about XML request to ACE mod/Appliance. It also convers few tricks and examples

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17849

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: