Helpful
Replies

VPN doesn't work wirelessly

tranzferr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First time poster here.

I recently purchased a Lenovo T510 which has an Intel WIFI Link 1000 BGN card under Windows 7 (x64). Everything works fine with it until I try to use the VPN software over a wireless connection (everything is fine hardwired). A VPN connection is made to my server and all the logs look good except no traffic will pass to or from and I cannot ping the servers.

I have tried using different Intel Centrino drivers from most current to a set that was dated around march of '09. I've heard of people having similiar problems but they were mostly based on Windows Vista and a different card so i wasn't able to follow the "fix" to the letter. The problem in those machines was something to do with the Cisco install disabling the DNE on the adapter. I didn't have that particular problem.

I asked my server provider  if I could use software other than Cisco just to see if it is an exact driver incompatibility between INTEL and CISCO but they informed me that I had no chice there, I could only use the Cisco VPN.

Any help would be teriffic and greatly appreciated. I am going to open a thread at Intel and Lenovo and link them back here.

Thanks again for any assistance

VPN version: 5.0.07.0290

Intel Centrino Driver: damn near every one of em since 3-09 to current.

DNE driver: latest.

4 Replies 4

mulatif
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am assuming that you are talking about Cisco IPSec VPN Client ?

Do you the "Encrypt Counter " incrementing, when you are trying to ping your Internal servers ?

If Yes then the ESP traffic might be getting blocked somewhere (Assuming NAT-T is not being used). You can try to workaronud this by using UDP 10000 encapsulation.

However, if the answer is No then it most likely will be an issue with DNE. Did you try with updated DNE Drivers ?

Naman

No. The only statistics that change are [discarded] and [bypassed]

I am using the latest DNE.

pudawat
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using Linksys wireless router?

It is indeed a Linksys wireless router. Why do you ask?

I should point out that I have another new Windows 7 (x64) laptop in the house which works fine in all modes of transfer with the Cisco VPN software. Of course that computer has a Dell Wireless 1520-N NIC instead of the Intel WIFI link 1000 (which I suspect to be the problem)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: