Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile 8.0 iPhone to Desk Phone Integration Error

djassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently installed the Cisco Mobile 8.0 on my iPhone, and I'll be testing it for my users too. I have been able to configure everything as the Administration Guide for CiscoMobile8.0 for iPhone suggests, and make calls. Except for one feature. The Deskphone to iPhone integration.

I've set it up exactly as the manual suggests but when I try to configure the Deskphone integration part I get an error saying that my credentials are not correct. Now I know that they are correct because if they weren't I wouldn't be able to start and register the phone in the first place (SIP Digest).

Has anyone done this successfully?

My info:

I run a 7.1.3 Cluster of 2 UCMs 7845

I have ldap enabled authentication (which works perfectly) through our internal Windows domain.

I have over 1000 phones registered.

My ultimate goal for this is to enable Mobility on these "Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone" phones (leave it to Cisco to name something this long for an iPhone app)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Djassi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Djassi,

Take a look at other threads such as this one. Cisco Mobile 8.0 for iPhone uses the CTIManager service to authenticate for the Desk Phone Integration, just like the CUPC does.

The invalid credentials problem in Cisco Mobile 8.0 is caused by the same things that make it not work in CUPC.

In your case if your LDAP directory uses Active Directory, there's a fair chance that changing the port of your LDAP directory to 3268 instead of 389, will fix this problem as soon as you restart the CTIManager service.

Certain LDAP filters can also cause this problem with any LDAP directory type, so if you've got any LDAP filters you may have to simplify these.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Djassi,

Take a look at other threads such as this one. Cisco Mobile 8.0 for iPhone uses the CTIManager service to authenticate for the Desk Phone Integration, just like the CUPC does.

The invalid credentials problem in Cisco Mobile 8.0 is caused by the same things that make it not work in CUPC.

In your case if your LDAP directory uses Active Directory, there's a fair chance that changing the port of your LDAP directory to 3268 instead of 389, will fix this problem as soon as you restart the CTIManager service.

Certain LDAP filters can also cause this problem with any LDAP directory type, so if you've got any LDAP filters you may have to simplify these.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your suggestion, and it worked like a charm on port 3268.

I was actually using the 686 SSL LDAP port, but when I tried to use the SSL port for the GC (3269) it gives me the same error. I have to check with my AD Admin about using these ports instead for better security.

Again thanks for the heads up.

Djassi

Djassi,

Glad you've got it connecting now. To make it work on port 3269, you'd need to install the SSL certificate from your AD server onto the Communications Manager.

See this Cisco documentation, and also this useful thread.

Wildcard certificates don't work though, so hopefully your AD server isn't using one - this issue is currently biting us!

Ben

Thanks again Ben,

I actually already had the certificates on the server already. I changed the port back to 3269 and this time it worked. Not sure what happened the last time.

Thanks for your help.

Djassi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: