Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960S-48TS-S with Network Assistant

jmerice95
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Do you know if the switch WS-C2960-48TS-S will be supported soon by the Network Assistant software ?

Tank you for your response.

Best regards

10 Replies 10

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello all,

Do you know if the switch WS-C2960-48TS-S will be supported soon by the Network Assistant software ?

Tank you for your response.

Best regards

Hi,

Both Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Base and LAN Lite Switches support the following capabilities:

• Network management tool support by CiscoWorks, Cisco Network Assistant, and Catalyst Device Manager.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi

i just installed 2x cisco C2960S-24TS-L  (LAN Base Switch) and configured as a stack

when i detect this with CNA5.5 it tells me that it is an unsupported device.

i find this very odd as the documentation and all the download links point to CNA 5.5

regards

Same for WS-C2960-48TS-S, Network Assistant said that the equipment is not supported.

Therefore, I wonder if the care is provided in the roadmap

mjgenberg
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  A fix would be nice.

Hi

CNA support for 2960S is expected to be in version 5.6, tentatively scheduled for later this year. Hope this helps.

Cisco has introduced several new switches and didn't upgrade CNA to support them. I had to open a ticket with Cisco to find this out. Disappointing that Cisco can't even create a tech note to explain this. Apparently 5.6 which is beta will support these new switches. How about Cisco introducing the new CNA when the new switches come out?

taudinchabot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Also I have had the same issue, and raised a ticket with Cisco. It took the tech a few days to come with the final answer!

The C2960S devices will be supported in CNA5.6, but the release is postponed untill 2011!!!

Also, since a few weeks, my switches (mainly the C3750's) started to have memory errors causing me not able to logon, not even by console cable.

Seems the http-server setting in combination with my IOS is causing the problems, and the only way to solve is to disable the http-server and a power cycle, resulting in the fact I'm unable to use CNA for part of my network......

Anyone else have the same issue?

Regards,

Quirijn

Hi,

No I have not had problem with my 3750's

However the CNA 5.6(3) still cannot see my brand new WS-C2960CG-8TC-L. Wenn will that be solved ? (Can someone from Cisco answer ? )

Regards,

David

I also have this problem. It is very poor that CNA is not compatible with this switch.

Daniel

I had the problem in a similar machine, and since new version of CNA (5.8) is working OK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco