Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X auth and 2008 NAP

Hi, need som pointers on how to get 802.1x working. we have a 4402 vlc and 2008 nap, this is a school so the students computers are not in domain, they just have a user account. We have tried to get this working with a versign cert installed on the 2008 but with various result. we have followed this howto http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080921f67.shtml

would be nice if someone could point us in the right direction.

Br

Kristoffer Gulbrandsen

1 Reply 1

Hi,

we have it running the same way. But in our case the most PC users are Domain users.

In your case I think you did everything right for the first view. You use PEAP (MSCHAPv2)

1- Important is that the client trust the certificate. If not windows PC`s normaly will not work, on my MACBOOK I can say ok I trust it (after a popup)..

2- The Client supplicant must be configured for 802.1x

3- If the client is not a Domain user, the integrated authentication will not work and the user got a information that he need to log in or more credatils are necessary (a small balon info in windows). He will get a window where he can insert the necessary credentials like domain/username and passwort.

This is how it work in our enviroment and lab. If you need detailed informations, just let me know..

best,

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: