Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X auth and 2008 NAP

Hi, need som pointers on how to get 802.1x working. we have a 4402 vlc and 2008 nap, this is a school so the students computers are not in domain, they just have a user account. We have tried to get this working with a versign cert installed on the 2008 but with various result. we have followed this howto http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080921f67.shtml

would be nice if someone could point us in the right direction.

Br

Kristoffer Gulbrandsen

1 Reply 1

Hi,

we have it running the same way. But in our case the most PC users are Domain users.

In your case I think you did everything right for the first view. You use PEAP (MSCHAPv2)

1- Important is that the client trust the certificate. If not windows PC`s normaly will not work, on my MACBOOK I can say ok I trust it (after a popup)..

2- The Client supplicant must be configured for 802.1x

3- If the client is not a Domain user, the integrated authentication will not work and the user got a information that he need to log in or more credatils are necessary (a small balon info in windows). He will get a window where he can insert the necessary credentials like domain/username and passwort.

This is how it work in our enviroment and lab. If you need detailed informations, just let me know..

best,

Sebastian

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card