Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS loading issue with 3750g 24 port switch

Unfortunately we have deleted the IOS images in the 3750g 24 port switch image

and hence i am struck while loading as follows

Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:13:c3:90:f9:80                                           
Xmodem file system is available.                               
The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.                                          
Initializing Flash...                    
flashfs[0]: 450 files, 7 directories                                   
flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories                                                   
flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 15998976                                
flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 2186240                              
flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 13812736                                    
flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 8 seconds.                                       
...done Initializing Flash.                          
Boot Sector Filesystem (bs) installed, fsid: 3                                             
done.    
Loading "flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-53.SE2.bin"...fla                                                        
mz.122-53.SE2.bin: short read: bad mzip file                                          

Error loading "flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-53.SE2.bin"                                                        

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.                                                
Boot process failed.

Could you help me to solve the issue

2 Replies 2

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Ananda,

As per your description the 3750 IOS has unfortunately been deleted and now the switch cannot boot on the image.

I suppose after the boot fails you arrive on Switch: prompt mode.

The solution would be to apply the following procedure :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

The link describe how to proceed in order to download an IOS with the Xmodem procedure (transfer via console cable) =>

switch: copy xmodem: flash:c3750;;;
Begin the Xmodem or Xmodem-1K transfer now...
CCC

I suggest to download a small-size 3750 IOS just for recovering the system and then install the IOS you want because Xmodem can take a important time (This transfer can take up to 2                 hours, which depends on the size of the image).

I do not see any other way to recover (3750 switches do not support tftpdnld). As described in the procedure you can also speed up xmomed transfer.

Everthing should to be OK with the application of the procedure.

Thanks

Karim

If you change the switch console port speed and your terminal  emulator speed to 115200 bps , the xmodem download will take about 10-15 minutes .

Follow the procedure to speed up the proces on the page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco