Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet connection lost after VPN established

pwolsza_wolfik1
Level 1
Level 1

It's common problem I think.

I do not  have connection after VPN through PPTP is established.

My VPN  connection was made according to this tutorial:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801e51e2.shtml

How to make  it work ??

7 Replies 7

Hi,

When you connect via PPTP all traffic is going to be sent through the tunnel because it's not like an IPsec client where you can define split tunneling on the server side.

I remember there was an option under the windows client OS where you define gateway precedences and so make certain traffic go over the tunnel (not all). But if you succeed enabling split tunneling, is done on the client side (as opposed to the server side on IPsec).

Federico.

Yes, indeed. There is an option "use default gateway in remote site" disable this option helps but after that I'm loosing LAN network behind router.

shaun.cooney
Level 1
Level 1

In your VPN TCP/IP properties in Windows select the Networking Tab and select properties of TCP/IPv4.
Then select Advanced abd untick the default "Use Default Gateway on Remote Network"

Hope that helps

Yes, I know this option.

Unfortunately using it do not allow to connect to computers behind the router, what I could without enabling option in IP configuration on local host.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As others mentioned, you need to disable the gateway of last resort for the VPN and if you want to add the specific networks sitting behind the router, you need to manually added to the host routing table with the 'route add' command.

This link has a tutorial:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/adding-a-tcpip-route-to-the-windows-routing-table/

Regards,

Edison

It worked but is this only the one way how I can configure it??

You can configure some scripting for that.

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card