Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure Trunk on SWR2024

rouven.heim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to configure an etherchannel trunk but I´ve no success.

So I need a step by step guide to configure the trunk.

I´ve 6 vlans defined on the Switch:

VLAN1

VLAN121

VLAN122

VLAN123

VLAN999

Now I need an etherchannel as trunk (ports g7 and g19) with the VLAN1 and the VLAN121.

How to configure?

Thank you.

Greetings

Rouven

2 Replies 2

Since it is Linksys gear ,I cant tell you whare and what but here is the logic:

configure etherchannel on g7 and g19 (in cisco ios you can choose weather the etherchannel protocol will be pagp, lacp, or just on. in addition you can under pagp define which side of etherchannel can be initiatior of the connection- active, passive...). My advice - just put on on your side

#channel-group 1mode on (under interface range command, but its is done when configure etherchannel in cisco ios, and you have interfaces like g1,g2,g3, then you can put interface range command)

switchport mode trunk

switchoprt no negotiate

or

switchport trunk

encapsulation dot1q

and after channel has been configured as trunk, you go under channel or while still in interface range command and put

allowed vlan1, 121

that is the logic....

regards,

D

HI,

this is actually from SRW224P 24-port 10/100 + 2-Port Gigabit Switch with WebView and PoE, where only LACP is supported.

Here is the output from help on the switch itself...

• Set Port Actor: Sets the local switch side of an aggregate link. Ports must be configured with the same System Priority to join the same link group. The LACP administration key must be set to the same value for ports that belong to the same link group. If a link goes down, the Port Priority is used to select a backup link.
  • Set Port Partner: Sets the remote side of an aggregate link; that is, the ports on the attached device. The command attributes have the same meaning as those used for the Port Actor. However, configuring LACP settings for the partner only applies to its administrative state, not its operational state, and will only take effect the next time an aggregate link is established with the partner.

And attached image shows exact location for configuring eth-channel... with protocol....

Hope this will help.