Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS CBTS TE - Tunnel not routing EXP properly

dan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are working on TE within our MPLS environment and want to employ CBTS.  I have configured this according to the "MPLS Traffic Engineering: Class-based Tunnel Selection" doc.  The tunnels are up but do not seem to be recognizing the configured EXP values.  I have setup TEST polic-maps so I can verify the packets have the proper EXP set in the label but the tunnels just seem to be totally disregarding it.  I have attached the config for review.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Notes:

These are P to P tunnels.  We are using 7206VXRs  with the c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T3.bin image.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Daniel,

>> These are P to P tunnels.  We are using 7206VXRs  with the c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T3.bin image.

my guess is that the trouble is in the first sentence (unless it is a typing error), PE nodes are the ones that can choice what LSP to use for sending traffic.

P nodes are internal to the MPLS cloud.

you are referring to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_te_tun_select_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1056269

Hope to help

Giuseppe