cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2.1.15 upgrade

jthullen
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 applainces, and I have upgraded both to 4.2.1.15 patch 2. However, the Appliance Managment Software is still at 4.2.0.124. Does this also require an upgrade in order for the appliance to function correctly? What does this management software actually do? Thanks for your help.

Jeff

3 Replies 3

michagar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have upgraded the the software potion of  (                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ACSse-Upgrade-Pkg-acs-v4.2.1.15-K9.zip)  then you need to complete the upgrade to 4.2.1.15 by also doing the management portion. (ACSse-Upgrade-Pkg-appl-mng-v4.2.1.15-K9.zip)

Okay, that can be safely done after the software upgrade has been completed? Order does not matter? The software is updated and things seem to be running fine, but I am worried that if I have the order backwards it will cause serious issues. Please advise. I cannot find the app management peice documented in any 4.2.1 upgrade release notes or install guides so i have no idea the correct order here.

Typically we like to do both at the same time. It shouldn’t have a major impact, but I suggest scheduling a maint window just in case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: