cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7916 Expansion Module not displaying lines.

kmusgraves
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCM (7.1.3) server; 7965 Phones; and 7916 Expansion Module. The problem I have is the expansion module will not display line text information. I look under device defaults for the phones and show SCCP45.8.5.3S as the load. What do I need to do to make this work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, if you want to upgrade  the firmware of an individual iIP Phone, check this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3003486#3003486

I tried that and work fine.

Just take note of the Phone Load Name in the Device > Device Settings > Device Defaults.

hth

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Sorry if this might sound pretty obvious: Do you already configured the 7916 under Expansion Module Information in the 7965 configuration page?

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Yes, everything is configured on the phone. I have some newer phones that work right out box and these have been on the shelf for a year or more and don't work. I think the firmware needs upgrading but I don't know the how to do that for individual phones.

Hi, if you want to upgrade  the firmware of an individual iIP Phone, check this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3003486#3003486

I tried that and work fine.

Just take note of the Phone Load Name in the Device > Device Settings > Device Defaults.

hth

David

hey, i don think the firmware should be the problem, if the phone has actually taken that firmware..

Could you chek if you have configured the phone button template on the phone correctly, by going to device>>device settings>>phone button template?

Also check if the phone actually got the firmware you mentioned, by either checking the application load id on the phone physically or browsing the IP address of the phone.

HTH

Kunal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: