Helpful
Replies

TCP Probe on ACE 4710

winpwnkmr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure proble on ACE device and I have few queries on those:

1. I want to probe 10 different tcp ports for a serverfarm, is there any way i can give the range on probe ? if not and if i have to probe individual port and then configure in a serverfarm, how it would behave i.e. I want to fail the probe only when all the configured ports are failed.

2. I am trying to configure probe for a particular tcp port, but I suppose server is not sending RST to that port, so probe is failing. However if I try to telnet that port from any other location it is getting connected. How can I configure probe in that case for that port ?

Pls. suggest.

Thanks

Pawan

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to configure a probe for each port.

Add all the probes to the serverfarm.

Use the command "fail-on-all" under the serverfarm.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/command/reference/servfarm.html#wp1106543

Gilles.

Thanks Gilles, Could you pls. suggest on my 2nd query too ?

2. I am trying to configure probe for a particular tcp port, but I suppose server is not sending RST to that port, so probe is failing. However if I try to telnet that port from any other location it is getting connected. How can I configure probe in that case for that port ?

Thanks.

You should sniff the traffic ...if the probe is down it means the server did not respond to our SYN.

We do not expect a RST.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: