cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF100D-05 not working properly

jsrousseau
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently testing 80 units (SF100D-05) and so far (after 20 units tested) 10 are not working properly.

It's always 1,2 or 3 different ports that do not seem to connect properly (not status led on). On a single unit its always the same ports, but not the same ports from unit to unit, and never more than 3 unresponsive ports.

Cisco needs to tell us what is going on.  And if they know anything about this.

We are currently building a system where we prototyped using a fully functionnal unit. Now that we have to scale things up, it's impossible to rely on all the units we got.

Thanks

http://www.eskistudio.com

2 Replies 2

jsrousseau
Level 1
Level 1

I just finished testing all the units and I have at least 40 (!!) bad ones , over a total of 80.This is really not looking good ...

Just so you know, I have tested all 5 ports on each unit the following way :

Tested every single port with 3 different devices :

- 1 PC (HP HPE-170f, http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/rts_desktop/rts_desktop//3/storefronts/AY604AA%2523ABA)

- 1 Advantech ADAM-6050 device

- 1 Enttec OpenDMX Ethernet (ODE)

Interesting note ; The port will always work with he Enttec ODE. And when the port does not seem to work its either the ADAM-6050, the
PC, or both of them.

I can't believe I just did some QA for Cisco... I always thought you guys were on top of it...

So now we will be looking to apply the warranty. And shop for other units...

If a rep hears me, just get in touch with us, via email.

Thanks,

jsr@eskistudio.com

Hi Jean-Sebastian Rousseau,

If your product is within warranty I suggest calling the Cisco Small Business Support Center or do an online chat with a Cisco Small Business Support Center Engineer for help.

The phone numbers in your area are located here and to do an Online Chat with a Small Business Support Engineer go here.

Regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business
Support Community Manager
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!