Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client with windows 7

tyagi.vineet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am using cisco VPN client version 5.0.07.0290 for windows Xp and windows 7. windows xp clients are working fine while windows 7 client are able to connect but unable to access network.

Not able to understand what is the problem with windows 7 clients.

Please help me.........

Regards

Vineet

9 Replies 9

rahgovin
Level 4
Level 4

Are you using the same client for Win XP and Win7 ? Do you have a 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 7 machine? There are two different clients for the 5.07 32 and 64 bit respectively.

pudawat
Level 1
Level 1

On a Windows 7 PC go to C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles

Open .pcf with Notepad

add these commands at the end:

ForceNatT=1

UseIKELegacyPort=1

Test the VPN client!

Thanks,

Pradhuman

i have also seen such issues when only 3des is used in phase 1 and 2

try using aes in phase 1 and 2 and give them priority so that aes is used first and then try

i have seen this work previously

Thank you very much for your inputs.

The release notes of the latest version of vpn client says that :

The VPN Client on Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices (also called wireless data cards).

Regards

Vineet

david.vanherck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having the same problem: on Windows XP VPN works fine, on Windows 7 64bit VPN comes up, but no data is passing over the connection. Did you find a solution for this?

Greets,
David

Are you using the WWAN card on Win 7 also?

As the VPN Client on  Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices

The current releases of  VPN client software use an NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification)  intermediate driver that is based on NDIS 5.0 (specifications developed for  Windows Vista and XP).

However, the native  Windows 7 Mobile Broadband and Some Wireless WWAN miniport drivers are based on  NDIS 6.2 specifications. VPN client applications using intermediate drivers  based on NDIS 5.x specifications have compatibility issues with drivers  compliant with Windows 7 Mobile Broadband.

Some vendors for  wireless cards provides WWAN miniport drivers for Windows 7 that are Windows 7  logo certified and based on NDIS 6.2 (specifications for WWAN interfaces that  can be supported natively in Windows 7).

The Cisco VPN client  along with some other third party clients has compatibility issues with NDIS 6.2  WWAN miniport drivers:

The Cisco VPN client  release notes state “The VPN Client on Windows 7 does not support WWAN devices  (also called wireless data cards)”:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client5007/release/notes/vpnclient5007.html

There is a workaround  provided by some WWAN vendors,

Either we can downgrade  the NDIS divers or we can setup Dial up connection for the internet, which is  not affected by this problem.

Here is link which  might be helpful in setting up DUN on windows 7

http://neteasebn.net/support/docs/nes023.asp

I tested it and it  works.

Pradhuman Singh

navkkrnair
Level 1
Level 1

Did anybody find a solution for this problem? I am also facing the same issue, only this time it's vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0440-k9 in windows 7.

I am able to ping it but not able to access in browser.

air_kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm not a cisco expert, but I found what's wrong with the Cisco VPN Client with WWAN devices.

The DNE (Deterministic Network Enhancer) version (3.22.4.17992) provided by the Cisco VPN Client 5.X does not support WWAN devices in WIN7.

Please find below my workaround:

1. Uninstall the current version of Cisco VPN client software
2. Run ftp://files.citrix.com/winfix.exe. This will clean up and remove DNE installations.
3. Reboot computer
4. Install the Citrix DNE updater software ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate.msi

5. Install the Cisco VPN client software again

Hope this helps

Kelly

The DNE  version (3.22.4.17992) provided by the current Cisco VPN client does not support  WWAN devices in WIN7.Pl
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: