cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 6 call pickup setup

ROBIN.ROOTS
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently configuring phones for a court system on our network.

The customer is accustomed to a Centrex multi-line huntgroup and would like to get away from using it.  All of the members of the mhlg are scheduled for migration to DID service by the LEC on Tuesday a.m.  I now have to setup the main listed # so that it is accessible by all members of a particular group.  I believe that I have to setup a new partition and a pick group, ensure that the main listed # and the other #s in that group are administered to use the new partition, then give all fo the #s access to the pick group.  By doing this, I believe there will be less phone administration required (i.e., no need to create call appearances on all of the phones that need to pick the calls coming in on the main listed #).  Pls confirm that I'm headed down the right path.

I

2 Replies 2

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

It sounds like just creating the Main Line as a Shared Line on all of the phones may be easier.  That will just ring all of the users at the same time when the Main # is called and is extremely easy to set up (just add the line to all phones).  If that doesn't do it for you, then you have two options with Pickup:

1. The standard Call Pickup only allows callers to pick up calls that they HEAR ringing on someone else's phone (e.g., they all need to be in the same area and have to agree to listen-out for the ringing phone).  That does require little administration, but some users don't like it.

2. Another method of Call Pickup is to use it with the BLF (Busy Lamp Field) function, which is really cool, and users love it.  BUT it is a bit of a pain to administer it.  Any changes require Administrator Action (not like a Speed Dial, which users can edit themselves).  The BLF will be a separate appearance on the phone for the Main Line.  The users will see it flash (and optionally beep) when there is a call on the line.  They can just pick up the phone by pressing the button then.

This doc will tell you how to configure them both:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/cmfsgd601.html

Or you can create a broadcast hunt group if you don't want to use the shared line. Also there is a trick to use pickup groups if don't want to use the broadcast algorithm.

Gabriel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: