Upgrade UCCE 5.2 to 7.x or 8.X

Answered Question
Jul 24th, 2010

I have a UCCE 5.2 premium that i am either going to upgrade to 7.X or 8.X? I would prefer to go to 8 but I am worried about the conversion, has anyone doe this and have advice to offer?

I currently have several scripts performing SQL GET and PUT, CAD Desktop recording, and some other basic queues?

Ed

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 6 years 4 months ago

Upgrading to 8.0 is not an exceedingly difficult process as long as you follow the documentation carefully and do not break the rules. There are a lot of things that people could do in the past even though they weren't supposed to which are no longer possible. The most common example of this were scripts accessing files on the local file system instead of the document repository.

As for advice:

1. Don't be a cowboy and do your own thing. No one in this BU seems to appreciate it.
  2. Make sure your server settings (name, IP, DNS, etc) are all right when you get your license file. Changing any of them will require you to get a new license.
  3. Do not forget a DNS PTR record; the install scripts check for it in addition to the A record.
  4. Agent phones cannot have more than four directory numbers on them. The agent will be denied login if it does.

Credit: Points 2-4 were excellent advise made by Anthony to me. I am only repeating them.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 07/26/2010 - 06:02

Upgrading to 8.0 is not an exceedingly difficult process as long as you follow the documentation carefully and do not break the rules. There are a lot of things that people could do in the past even though they weren't supposed to which are no longer possible. The most common example of this were scripts accessing files on the local file system instead of the document repository.

As for advice:

1. Don't be a cowboy and do your own thing. No one in this BU seems to appreciate it.
  2. Make sure your server settings (name, IP, DNS, etc) are all right when you get your license file. Changing any of them will require you to get a new license.
  3. Do not forget a DNS PTR record; the install scripts check for it in addition to the A record.
  4. Agent phones cannot have more than four directory numbers on them. The agent will be denied login if it does.

Credit: Points 2-4 were excellent advise made by Anthony to me. I am only repeating them.

Actions

This Discussion