Create Scripts to manually redirect Queue to Voicemail or another Queue after business hour

Unanswered Question
Jul 24th, 2010

Hi,

I need help on creating Scripts. I have four of 1-800 numbers.

• First phone line: Ext 301, during business hour, when customer call, it will foward to available agentsfor the first phone line, after hours it will foward calls to Voicemail
  • Second Phone line: Ext 302 during business hour, when customer call, it will foward to available agents for the second phone line, after hours it will foward calls to Ext 301 which is the first phone line
  • Third Phone line: Ext 303 during business hour, when customer call, it will foward to available agents for the third phone line, after hours it will foward calls to Ext 301 which is the first phone line
  • Fourth Phone line: Ext 304 during business hour, when customer call, it will foward to available agents for the fourth phone line, after hours it will foward calls to Ext 301 which is the first phone line

I would like to know if I am able to manually redirect queues (same like night services).  So the manager can switch from agents answering phones or it will go to Voicemail or the first line queue.

If it can be done, sample of configuration will be really helpful.

And this for UCCX 7.1

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 07/26/2010 - 05:34

You can do it a few different ways:

1. Set a variable as a Parameter on the application and give the manager the administrator role on CCX. Tell them what to set the variable to when they want to redirect to voicemail or another destination.
  2. Use an XML document and have the manager modify it as desired. Alternatively, you could use a third-party application server that provides a user-facing UI that generates an XML response to CCX when it hits a URL.  The script processes the XML using XPath to decide how to proceed.
  3. Use an external database and change the script behavior based on the value returned. Use a third-party application server to provide the UI for changing the database value.
  4. The user-facing UI could also be another CCX IVR script where the manager can call in, set the condition they want, and the script updates this in XML or SQL for the other script to query.
ssuwandycisco Mon, 07/26/2010 - 10:20

Could you help/show me how to do it for option 4 (Creating a script that manager can call)?

Thank You.

alex.chisholm Tue, 07/27/2010 - 14:33

When you say other script, which script are you referencing? Can

you update CM via a script of some sort?

ssuwandycisco Tue, 07/27/2010 - 15:52

Can you show me or have sample configs for XML to foward CTI route point?

Thanks....

Actions

This Discussion