Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable access VoiceMail box

Nirmal Paria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am installing Cisco Unity 7.1.2.10000-139 in Our Lab (VMWare environment with Athlon Processor). Installation & integration has been done successfully, but I am facing the following issue while trying to access the Voice Mail Box:

1. After pressing message key, " Prompting enter your PIN no ". After putting the PIN, I found silence for while and phone display showing "Temp Fail"

Then I unable acess the Unity for while.

2. Call Handler is working fine.

Please help me on this regards,

Note: I am using Demo License.

Regards,

Nirmal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just went thru a similar thread on this exact topic a week or so ago.  In fact, it turned out the circumstances are the same.  If you look thru the forums and Google as well then you'll find that the primary issue you're running into is that the UC apps don't perform too well and/or have known issues running on AMD processors with VMWare.  Same installs with Intel processors typically do not have issues.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nirmal Paria
Level 1
Level 1
Please ignore my previous post.
================================================

Hi Team,

I am installing Cisco Unity Connection  7.1.2.10000-139 in Our Lab (VMWare environment with Athlon Processor). Installation & integration has been done successfully, but I am facing the following issue while trying to access the Voice Mail Box:

1. After pressing message key, " Prompting enter your PIN no ". After putting the PIN, I found silence for while and phone display showing "Temp Fail"

Then I unable acess the Unity for while.

2. Call Handler is working fine.

Please help me on this regards,

Note: I am using Demo License.

Regards,

Nirmal

Hi Nirmal

I would check the codecs between callhandler and CUC!

/Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your quick response..

I did not define any codec. All are using default codec. No region configured in CUCM.

regards,

Nirmal

markhayek
Level 1
Level 1

When you get Temp fail, it looks like the CUCM lost its connection to the phone and went to SRST mode.

In SRST mode, you may not be configured to use Unity.  Find out why the phone is losing conenction to the CUCM first.

I just went thru a similar thread on this exact topic a week or so ago.  In fact, it turned out the circumstances are the same.  If you look thru the forums and Google as well then you'll find that the primary issue you're running into is that the UC apps don't perform too well and/or have known issues running on AMD processors with VMWare.  Same installs with Intel processors typically do not have issues.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Haily.. Thanks for your response.. I also found the same yesterday.. Let we investigate more and try to find out the solution.

Regards,

Nirmal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: