Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA Problem

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure IPMA proxy mode, I did everything manually but it didn't work, I revised everything many times, and I am still getting the following when I configure the Assistant:

"Unmapped Exception Manager line is selected for Cisco Unified  Communications Manager Assistant control, go to manager configuration  first."

I used the wizard, I automated everything, and again, when I reach the assistant configuration step, I receive the previous error.

I restarted IPMA service, Tomcat using CLI and CTI Manager, nothing seemed to work.

CUCM version is 7.1(3)

Any ideas?

Regards

Adham Tahoun

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IPMA wants you to configure the manager first. This is done on the manager's End User Configuration page by selecting the Manager Configuration option from the related tasks drop-down.

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for your reply, I have already done that, and still I am getting the same message. This is why it seems awkward

Regards

Adham Tahoun

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Did you restart Tomcat service in all CUCM?

Cristian Munoz

if all your configurations are fine and also no alarms in the RTMT, the best way to restart all the call managers servers you have

I would suggest do the following just to get off the autoconfiguration. Delete all the manager's and assistants currently setup. Then Do the following steps

1) Go to the service parameter for IPMA and add the RP and the 2 CTI servers in the config Do not add manager as well as assistance css's in this page

2) Next go to the user who is the manager and configure him as the manager. Make sure automatic configuration is checked off. The line that is the managers extension needs to be added in the available lines. Make sure you select the right Device Name/Profile for him. Now save his configs

3) Next do the same for the assistant make sure you uncheck auto configuration you may have to save it couple of times since it throws an error if you uncheck it just ignore it and then associate the manager to the assistant's line and save it

Now see if you are able to login as an assistant. If this works then you are 1 step closer to the actual configs. The real config is the CSS and partition which can be a pain and i suggest you look at the documentation on how to set your CSS/ Partitions for the manager , IPMA RP and assistant lines.

Thanks

Ankur Uppal

CCIE VOICE 25875

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: