UCCX 7.0.1 R5 - Historical report 7.0(1.504)

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2010

Hello

When i try to run an report from 30 days ago it takes many time around 6 - 7 hours, and sometimes block my computer, is this an issue or bug of the system, because with older version like IPCC 4 i had not that problem.

Thanks for your help

Jose

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Michael Turnbow Wed, 08/04/2010 - 08:04

Hi Jose,

I would be interested in finding out if it takes the same amount of time when running the query from the SQL Analyzer directly to the database.  If you are familiar with the SQL Analyzer you can try this yourself.  What you need to do is turn up the tracing for the historical reporting client and find the statement that is being passed to the SQL server through the historical reporting client.  Below is what you need to do and how to do it.  Please make sure that the Historical Reporting Client is not running before beginning this section.

- On your local PC navigate to c:\program files\Cisco CCX Historical Reports 

- Open the hrcConfig.ini file and change logLevel = 3 then save the file

- Open the Historical Reporting Client and run the reports in question

- Since it takes so long to run this report you can cancel it shortly after starting the process

- Navigate to the "logs" directory under the Cisco CCX Historical Reports directory and find the log file with the computer name followed by CiscoAppReports0.log.  It will look something like this:  hostname_CiscoAppReports0.log

- Open that file and find a line at the bottom of the log that looks like the following:

(date and time stamp removed) DB Layer Current Query=Exec db_cra.dbo.sp_agent_state_detail '07/01/2010 12:00:00 AM', '08/04/2010 12:00:00 AM', 0, 'NULL', 'NULL', 'NULL', 'NULL'

- Now you can copy everything from Exec and paste this statement into the SQL Analyzer.  It should look like this:

Exec db_cra.dbo.sp_agent_state_detail '07/01/2010 12:00:00 AM', '08/04/2010 12:00:00 AM', 0, 'NULL', 'NULL', 'NULL', 'NULL'

- Run the command in the SQL Analyzer against the db_cra database and see if it comes back immediately with information or if it also takes a long time to get the information.

If this comes back immediately with information then the problem is likely your Historical Reporting Client.  Try uninstalling it and reinstalling.  If the information takes a long time in this manner like it does on your system, then I suggest you open a TAC case because there is something wrong with your database.

If this was helpful please rate the response with 5 stars!!

Thanks

Mike

Actions

This Discussion