Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME Hunt Groups

AdamBatey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hoping someone here can correct me and remove my current disapointment with CUCME's call coverage features.

I'm trying to setup a parallel hunt group while still allowwing the agents in this hunt group to logout (make themselves unavailable) So far my research/testing has lead me to the conclusion that i cannot have the ability to logout of a voice hunt group, and that ephone-hunt groups do not have a parallel hunt algorithm.

ephone-hunts alternative to parallels is supposedly to use shared lines, but this again does not allow the agents to set themselves as unvailable.

Can anyone suggest a configuration which can allow me to setup a parallel hunt group in which the agents can make themselves unavailable?

I'm pulling my hair ou trying to find a solution for this so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Adam

4 Replies 4

Hi Adam,

Are you trying to have an ephone-dn a member of two hunt groups, but for the user to be able to log itself out of either of these groups?

My understanding is that you may be a member of multiple hunt groups, but the HLog feature will either log you in or out of all groups.

Regards, Ash.

Hi Ash,

No, i just want to be able to have a parallel hunt group that the agents can log out of.  According to Cisco documentation Hlog only works with Ephone-hunt groups; which do not have a parallel hunt algorithm.  I have also tested this and hlog & DND do not work with a voice hunt group.

Regards,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Okay I understand know your problem, we have two types of CCME hunt group:

1. ephone-hunt

2. voice hunt-group

Ephone-hunt is limited in that no parallel algorithm is available, and voice hunt-group is limited in that Hlog is unavailable.

I think I may have a solution.

So we use the shared line feature, as alluded to here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1145800

but we get a bit cheeky with it too.

How about we set up each user with Extension Mobility, and assign them the shared line dn when they log in to a phone.

Use a different dn range for phones that are logged out so that they do not receive any calls.

I can't test this out but think it may work - give it a go and let me know!

Regards, Ash.

Hi Ash,

Yes thats the problem.

Your idea is a good one and i can confirm that this does work; in fact this concept works with a parallel voice hunt group.

However, having to logout and back in each time an agent steps away from there desk is a bit annoying, especially if it's just for 5mins. The login process is not the nearly as simple as DND/Hlog.

I really hope cisco consider improving the Voice hunt group funtionality/adding a parallel hunt to Ephone hunt groups. I'm disapointed that they have managed to miss such a basic feature of a telephony system in the development of the hunt groups.

In any case, thanks for your input Ash. Unless someone else has any bright ideas this might just have to do for now.

Regards,

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: