Design RG in Route Pattern

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2010

I  would like to set that all calls to a specific destination, were commuted to a Gateway A, and if  all lines are busy, these calls are switched by Gateway B.

I have this configuration:

Actual RP:

Route Pattern* : 9199.XXXXXX      Partition: Outgoing Call      Gateway or Route List: 10.201.30.250

New Configuration (In mind....)

Route Pattern* : 919953.XXXX      Partition: Outgoing Call      Gateway or Route List: Gateway A

Route Pattern* : 919953.XXXX      Partition: Outgoing Call      Gateway or Route List: Gateway B

IP Address Gateway A: 10.201.30.250

IP Address Gateway B: 172.17.20.10

I had thought to create a Route Group List with the two Rotuers (GW 10.201.30.250 and 172.17.20.10),  but the actual configuration of the Route Patterns in the Call Manager,  is using the Gateways in the configuration of Router Pattern (in the  configuration RGL are not set).

How I can configure this requeriments whitout RGL?

Whit this configuration:

Route Pattern* : 919953.XXXX      Partition: Outgoing Call      Gateway or Route List: Gateway A

Route Pattern* : 919953.XXXX      Partition: Outgoing Call      Gateway or Route List: Gateway B

If the lines in the GatewayA are busy the call is switched to the Gateway B? Or this is achieved only by setting RGL?

****Cisco Call Manager version: 4.2

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Adrian Saavedra Mon, 07/26/2010 - 01:18

Hello,

Q/ New Configuration (In mind....)

A/ You can not have two identical route patterns on the same partition.

Q/ I had thought to create a Route Group List with the two Rotuers (GW 10.201.30.250 and 172.17.20.10),  but the actual configuration of the Route Patterns in the Call Manager,  is using the Gateways in the configuration of Router Pattern (in the  configuration RGL are not set).

A/ If you want redundancy in CallManager, then you need route group and route list. If you can not add your routers to a route group is because they're already associated with route pattern(s). First, dissociate them from all route patterns, then create the route group and finally the route list. Now you can associate your route pattern(s) to the new route list. Final configuration should look similar to:

Route Group Name: My_Route_Group

Current members: 10.201.30.250

Route List: My_Route_List

Selected Groups: My_Route_Group

Route Pattern: 9199.XXXXXX      Partition: Outgoing Call      Gateway or Route List: My_Route_List

Route Pattern: whatever            Partition: Outgoing Call      Gateway or Route List: My_Route_List

etc

Q/ If the lines in the GatewayA are busy the call is switched to the Gateway B? Or this is achieved only by setting RGL?

A/ If your gateways are H.323, there's a way to achieve redundancy without involving CallManager. This is done with redundant dialpeers. I do not recommend it because that will not achieve the highest possible redundancy for your calls. For example, if gateway A is down, calls would never be routed to router B. However, if you configure a route list then CallManager will be able to route your calls to gateway B without problem.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Good luck!.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

ricardorojas123 Mon, 07/26/2010 - 06:19

Thanks for you help/explain Adrian,

Now I have to remove the H.323 Gateways from the RoutePatterns, configure Route group and RGL, and quickly set up the RGL with the Route Pattern.

ricardorojas123 Thu, 07/29/2010 - 12:37

Hi Adrian, me again

I have configured the Route Lists in the CCM, but I have this scenario:

Route Patter:

0199452.XXXXXXX    

Gateway or Route List*:

RouteList_GWS

Called Party Transformations

Discard Digits: Predot

In the Route List called " RouteList_GWS " I have two Gateway, the first gateway is the Remote Gateway and the second is the local Office router.

Because the policy "Called Party Transformations" will remove the numbers 0199452, the Remote Gateway will establish the call, but when the first router is not available, the call should be established by the second Gateway, BUT, the second Router will receive the string XXXXXX, and this pattern is unknown for the second gateway, the second gateway wait the string 0199452.XXXXXXX. How I can resolve this?

First Gateway (Remote)

dial-peer 10 pots

destination-pattern 0199542.......
port 0/0/0:15

Second Gateway (Local)

dial-peer 10 pots

destination-pattern .......

port 0/0/0:15

ricardorojas123 Thu, 07/29/2010 - 13:24

Thanks Adrian, It is a good choice, but through the CUCM is not there another possibility?

Adrian Saavedra Thu, 07/29/2010 - 13:55

Hello,

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your previous post. If CUCM discard digits predot that means it will send XXXXXXX to your 1st gateway, then I'll expect that call to fail and re-route to the 2nd gateway where it will match dial-peer 10.

Actions

This Discussion