UCCX Appadmin Access

Unanswered Question
Jul 26th, 2010
User Badges:

I am working with uccx version 8.02 where I have a situation where I cannot access the appadmin web pages due to incorrect username or password.

This server is a new standalone installation and is currently not in production yet.

I am sure the password is correct as we use a standard password to build these systems.  I have tried all possibilities of the username however this has not worked.

I can access the OS Admin and Serviceability pages, just not the UCCX Admin pages.

I have used "uccx sql db_cra select  resourceid,resourcename from resource" and a single resource is present.

On CUCM I have a the RmCm user present in Application Users.

Can anyone advise me how I can go about re-creating an appadmin user without re-installing if possible?

If needed I could re-install however Licenses files have been uploaded and a small configuration is present.

Thanks in advance.

Stew

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Walter Solano Mon, 07/26/2010 - 06:25
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Stew,

In UCCX 8.0 to recover the username and password that you use to access the AppAdmin page you will need to open a case with TAC so they can use the CET tool to assing the username and password, if you know which user its the one configure as Administrator you could try to change the passoword of that user from CUCM.

HTH

Please rate this post if was helpful

Walter Solano

Stewart Andrews Mon, 07/26/2010 - 21:21
User Badges:

Thanks Walter.

I think I'll just re-install UCCX as there is only a small amount of config present.  I didn't know if this would impact or change the License file already uploaded.  The License MAC address is dynamic and documentation indicates that this changes if you change the IP address, meaning you would have to re-register the PAK.

Stew 

Stewart Andrews Tue, 07/27/2010 - 04:12
User Badges:

I've now completed the re-install, and despite using same details (IP address, server name, etc) the License Mac has changed and therefore I now have a TAC case open to obtain a new License file.  Not sure which would be quicker re-install or the CET Tool route, both would require TAC assistance.

Regards

Stew

FYI - the appadmin user in 8.x is a user from the Call Manager database.  During the install it asks you for an administrative user and you have to pick a user that exists in call manager.  You will be able to login to the appadmin page with that user and only that user initially.

As far as the licensing mac changing, it should remain the same as long as all the information you used in the install remains the same.  There is actually a utility that you can use to determine what the licensing mac will be prior to running the install.  It is useful if you want to get your licenses before going onsite to run the install.It is the CUC answer file generator. http://www.cisco.com/web/cuc_afg/index.html

Anthony Holloway Fri, 08/27/2010 - 15:21
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Was this login attempt the very first time you logged in to AppAdmin?  If so, you log in with the application user you create during install time, and it's no longer Administrator/ciscocisco.

frzhang Thu, 09/02/2010 - 11:17
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

For UCCX 8.0, during the installation process, after you select the server as first node of the cluster, it asks you to enter application username and password (Don't get confused about the platform username and password it asked earlier than selecting the first node.). That's the one that you are going to use to go through the initial setup process. During the initial setup process, you will be asked to choose a user as appadmin user from CUCM.

Actions

This Discussion