Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.0 and User Connection License

In CUCM 8.0 UCL   we dont need device lic and Appliance license, JUST UCL is enough, please light me with more detail about UCL license method.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes UCL eliminates device and node licenses; however, UCM 8.0 is not UCL-aware yet. You will still need the same feature, node, and device licenses you did previously.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This has been documented in the ordering guide (partners only): Ordering Guide for Cisco  IP Communications, UCL-based

Yes I have download the documnet, Do UCL is replacment of device lic and appliance lic ? since CUCM 8.0 I am not able to see any appliance lic, Please light me with more detail of UCL

Yes UCL eliminates device and node licenses; however, UCM 8.0 is not UCL-aware yet. You will still need the same feature, node, and device licenses you did previously.

Hmmm...but for CUCM 8.0;  I am not able to find NODE LIC file itself , I am bit confuse with CUCM 8.0 lic calculation, from CUCM 8.0 I hope it is UCL –Aware.

CUCM 8.0  design for 600 users as follows, please confirm this design is ok or it is better go with CUCM 7.1 itself and then upgrade to 8.0

MCS7825I4-K9-CMD1MCS7825I4-K9-CMD1Unified CM 8.0   7825-I4 Appliance
CCX-80-CM-BUNDLECCX-80-CM-BUNDLECCX   8.0 5 Seat CCX ENH CCM Bundle - AVAILABLE ONLY WITH CM
CUCMS-EVAL-K9CUCMS-EVAL-K9CUCMS   Monitoring Bundle Evaluation
CAB-ACUCAB-ACUAC   Power Cord (UK), C13, BS 1363, 2.5m
CON-ESW-CCX80CMCON-ESW-CCX80CMESSENTIAL   SW CCX 8.0 5 Seat CCX Bundle
CON-SNT-MCS782CMCON-SNT-MCS782CMSMARTNET   8X5XNBD Unified CM 8.0 7825-I4 Appliance

UCL LIC:

CUCM-USR-LICCUCM-USR-LICTop Level Sku   For User License0.00
CUCM-PAKCUCM-PAKInclude   PAK Auto-expanding PAK for CUCMIncluded
CUCM-USRCUCM-USRInclude   PAK Auto-expanding User for CUCMIncluded
LIC-CUCM-USR-ALIC-CUCM-USR-AUnified   Communications Manager Enhanced Single User-Under 1KIncluded
UCM-7825-80-KITUCM-7825-80-KITCUCM   8.0 Media KitIncluded
CON-ESW-CUCMUSRCON-ESW-CUCMUSRESSENTIAL   SW Top Level Sku For User License0.00
CON-ESW-EUSRA1CON-ESW-EUSRA1ESSENTIAL   SW Unified Comm Mgr Enh Sngle User Under 1K10.00 X 600 Users
LIC-CUCM-USRLIC-CUCM-USRLicense   - 1 Enhanced User210.00 X 600 Users
UCM-7825-80UCM-7825-80CUCM   8.0 78250.00

While UCL (or UWL) is required in 8.0 ordering, the software itself is not yet aware of that. When you place a UCL order Cisco will generate the appropriate DLU, node, and feature LIC files for you still. We expect UCL/UWL-awareness around version 9.0, hopefully.

So for 2042 Enhanced users how many DLUs could I expect?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: