Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hotmail Account route

To  Group :

i need your favour i need to find out the route of hotmail account .Let say if some1 send me email i need to find out where it come from how can i do it

atlest  help me to find out to  the  ISP  he using

Thanks/Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CSCO10604219
Level 1
Level 1

Assalamu Alaikum

1. Log into your Hotmail/Windows Live account with your  username and password.
  2. Click on the Inbox link on the left.
  3. Under the column that says "Sort by", find the email that  you want to track and right-click on it. You should get a menu that has  something like Mark as read, Mark as unread, and so on.  The last option in the menu should be View message source. Select  it.

4. You should see the email headers now.
  5. You may copy the headers and use my IP  address detection script to ease the process. Or if you want to  manually find the IP address, proceed to step 6.
  6. If you find a header with X-Originating-IP: followed  by an IP address, that is the sender's IP address
  7. If that doesn't work, look for Received: from followed by IP address within square brackets[].
  8. * If you have multiple Received: from headers,  eliminate the ones that have proxy.anyknownserver.com.
  9. Track the IP address  of the sender

This will resolve your issues. Its very easy and if you have any issues, kindly revert me back.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

CSCO10604219
Level 1
Level 1

Assalamu Alaikum

1. Log into your Hotmail/Windows Live account with your  username and password.
  2. Click on the Inbox link on the left.
  3. Under the column that says "Sort by", find the email that  you want to track and right-click on it. You should get a menu that has  something like Mark as read, Mark as unread, and so on.  The last option in the menu should be View message source. Select  it.

4. You should see the email headers now.
  5. You may copy the headers and use my IP  address detection script to ease the process. Or if you want to  manually find the IP address, proceed to step 6.
  6. If you find a header with X-Originating-IP: followed  by an IP address, that is the sender's IP address
  7. If that doesn't work, look for Received: from followed by IP address within square brackets[].
  8. * If you have multiple Received: from headers,  eliminate the ones that have proxy.anyknownserver.com.
  9. Track the IP address  of the sender

This will resolve your issues. Its very easy and if you have any issues, kindly revert me back.

W salam

Thanks for your reply can u help how to find out proxy is running ? and is there Web site which help us find out from whic ISP   particlaur IP address is belong to  like whatismyp.com

Thanks 

its impossible to know what is behind proxy

as far as isp is concerned u need to see its ip address autority site for instance for asia its APNIC for America its ARIN ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card