Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME ISDN PRI Configuration

dennis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I managed to configure my DID with some configurations on each extension secondary number.

My Telco captures the last 4 digits and tested it's successful.

My users dial the prefix 9 followed by any outgoing number.

For example, my current system has PRI range of 200 to 399 extension numbering.

As long as the user dial out with any number that starts with the PRI number range above.

The call will not be routed to telco but directly route back to my extension number above.

If the outgoing number doesn't fall within my extension number range it works fine.

The issue now is when the user dial any outgoing number with the 3 first 3 digits which reflects their extension number. The call will not route to telco and rather than that at the 3rd digit the calls is routed back to own extension in CUCME.

Can anyone advise me why such issue occured ? Please advise me on the configuration if I may have done wrong, need help.

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have an overlpan in dial plan.

first of all, check if yoy really need an access digit. possibly, depending by your contry dial-plan.

second, do not use secondary number. either configure a translation-profile and rle to adjuste to extension what is deliver by telco, or use the dial-plan pattern under telephony-service. I recommend the first option.

Can you please explain in a little more detail bout your 2 options ?

I'm actually using a secondary dial-tone.

So does that mean I need to disable it ?

And also yes, my users need to have prefix dial of 9 before they can make any outgoing call.

This is a normal and standard practice for most telephony systems in my country and throughout most of my installations.

Please advise.

Thanks.

with the a translation rule, adjust the receivied called number to match you numbers.

if in your countrye numbers leave you some available digit, eliminate the access digit. users will like thta becuase it's likes calling from home and makes all configuration easier.

But removing the dial out codes I don't think is possible and my users will sure bash me and say what kind of system is this...

Anyway, the digit 9 still can't be removed and it must remain there.

So you mean for every single DID my users require, I have to put all of them into the translation rule ?

But if I do that, there will also be another problem, each translation rule allows only 15 entries of DID translation.

My DID users in fact have about 50 of them.

So for such a case, how do I solve this issue ?

Please advise.

You need one single translation rule, assuming your DID matches internal numbering,

Ok, so does that mean if my actual number is :-

2199XXX

So my translation rule should be

/^..../      to     //

Is the above correct ?

My customer has 2 PRI range.

One starts with 200 - 399 and another one 800 - 999.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Correct. That strips the first 4 digits whatsoever.

Then using a calling number translation rule you can prefix the accessed digit you deemed necessary. That makes easier to call back from received/missed call directories.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Just to ensure I got the correct solution.

I played around with my secondary number and the last 4 digits allowed the DID to come in to my user.

So which means I need to remove the secondary dial digit then put them in into Dial Peer ?

And specify each call individually like IDD, National, Local HP, and Area calls (configure each into their own dial peer right ?)

The part I still don't get it, which part of configuration that actually cause the outgoing calls starts with 9 followed by extension numbers to be routed back to CUCME ?

So I just have to remove that part only right ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

The part I still don't get it, which part of configuration that actually  cause the outgoing calls starts with 9 followed by extension numbers to  be routed back to CUCME ?

Impossible to say without seeing the full configuration. However, in most cases, secondary numbers are not needed, and should not be used.

Okay, looks like I need to go on-site to check the configuration.

Will download the configuration to show you.

And that once you have the config I believe we can check and wrap this up

dennis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think the solution you have suggested to me didn't work.

Mainly the issue is the secondary number I have used for the DID, telco needs to capture for the incoming calls.

The secondary number starts with 9XXX.

This in term creates loopback dial problem when user dial any outgoing calls which starts with 9XXX, the call gets bounced back.

Is there any workaround to this to prevent the loopback dial ? Can CUCME wait for the full number of 9XXX(followed by any number) instead of stop receiving digits at 9XXX ?

Is this can be done, then my issue should be solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: