cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM CDR Analysis and Reporting - Creating a manager login with rights to specific users reports

Daniel Miller
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager CDR Analysis and Reporting tool is there a way to create a manager login with rights to run reports on specific extensions (~users).

For example I would like John Doe who runs our AP department to be able to run CDR reports on Extensions 3200, 3201, and 3202.

Of course I don't want John to be able to modify others CDR tool users reports though.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are only 3 kind of users in CAR. The admin who can run reports on anyone, the user reports for their own extensions and the manager who can run reports on those who report to him.

Under the directory there is a manager field where you put the managers id, this way this user will be able to run reports on all those users that have him as manager.

Understanding the Role of CAR Administrators, Managers, and Users

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_0_2/car/carovrvw.html#wp1022182

Configuring CAR Administrators, Managers, and Users

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_0_2/car/caranrpt.html#wpxref17187

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

Thank you very much for your input javalenc. That has helpful but I am still running in to some problems.

Here is what I have tried

1. I made sure the manger ID shows up in other 'End User' profiles, and that the users have devices assigned to their Owner User ID's.

Based on that is it safe to assume all of the required structure is there, and now all I need to do is configure the managers account correctly?

2. I think this is where it gets funny. The instructions do not say exactly which group or role to use for Managers. It does mention a Manager setup though and I am not 100% clear what that requires. I am assuming I need to add them to a specific group and provide specific roles? If i add them to "CCM End Users" but they do not see their direct reports in the tool (If i do not give them a group they can not log in to the tool). I do not have a group called "CAR Management User" or "CDR Management User" or anything like that. I don't want to give them "CAR Admin Users". I however already have a CAR Admin User as described as a prerequisite in the linked documents.

3. I tried creating my own custom Group/Role combination and I found a Role that looked promising in the application "Cisco Call Manager Serviceability" called "CDR Management" and added that to the end users permissions without luck. On the role creation page I do not see any application resembling "Cisco Unified Communications Manager CDR Analysis and Reporting"

Is there any chance someone can tell where I am currently going wrong with this information?

P.S. This is with CUCM 7.1.3

Thanks again!

Daniel

It turns out for me they can just be in "Standard CCM End Users", My problem was assigning the users at the device level instead of the line level.

P.S. for some reason I only see the "Associate End Users" option on the line level when I navigate to it from the device level.

Thanks again!