Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8 massdeployment - predefine cups server

aidacruises
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are deploying the CUPC 8.x via Altiris using the MSI. Checked the current available documentation, there is also stated the massdeployment but how to predefince the cups server is not stated -- if I didn't oversaw anything. How can this be accomplished?

I did found a personal config for each user, but we need a global way since we do not know which user will be using the client on each PC in advance.

How did you solve this? Is there any official way?

Thank you &
With kind regards
Mathias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

The only way to predefine it is by adding a CUPServer string (REG_SZ) to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData\

or if you use Group Policies you can add it to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services  Framework\AdminData\

This won't work against Local Machine unfortunately, so if you're not using Group Policies you're going to need to apply this for each user the first time they login to a given PC.

See the Deployment Guide for the brief section on this topic, but the key given here is incorrect, it's actually CUPServer, not CUPAddress, as noted in the CUPC8 release notes!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

benjaminwatt
Level 5
Level 5

The only way to predefine it is by adding a CUPServer string (REG_SZ) to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData\

or if you use Group Policies you can add it to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services  Framework\AdminData\

This won't work against Local Machine unfortunately, so if you're not using Group Policies you're going to need to apply this for each user the first time they login to a given PC.

See the Deployment Guide for the brief section on this topic, but the key given here is incorrect, it's actually CUPServer, not CUPAddress, as noted in the CUPC8 release notes!

Thanks for pointing me to the right documentation and registry keys. Now this is very clear and just tested this. Works perfect!

Besides I'm wondering if this solution also applies to other parameters like auto-logon and such. Tried to use the variable names from the properties file, which doesn't seem to be able. As there is only this registry key is stated in the documentation - is this the only one we can use or there others to preconfigure the CUPC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: