Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 Call Flow in Voice Gateways

Essam Lutfi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm planning to connect two VoIP Clusters using H323 and I have a VG in each site, I will forward the calls from the CM towards the VG and I will use VoIP dial peer to forward the call to the other site.

I just need to know the RTP stream between the End Points will be forwarded directly between IP Phones without crossing the Voice Gateway or it will cross the voice gateway?

I need to make sure that the traffic is forwarded through the Voice Gateway or by another mean the source IP Address will be the VG IP Address to avoid publishing the Internal IP Phones VLAN.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you need to hide the IPs for security then use a CUBE and use the flow-thru mode.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Phillip Ratliff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming the connection between the CM and VGs are IP and not TDM then the VGs would be acting as a CUBE already

(voip in, voip out) so keep this in mind when doing the config.  As Java mentioned using flow-through mode on the VG/CUBEs will mean the phones will sending RTP to the VGs IP address on each side.

-Ryan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you need to hide the IPs for security then use a CUBE and use the flow-thru mode.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Phillip Ratliff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming the connection between the CM and VGs are IP and not TDM then the VGs would be acting as a CUBE already

(voip in, voip out) so keep this in mind when doing the config.  As Java mentioned using flow-through mode on the VG/CUBEs will mean the phones will sending RTP to the VGs IP address on each side.

-Ryan

Essam Lutfi
Level 1
Level 1

thank you both, this was really helpful thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: