Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor reputation cleanup

soportered6
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

this must be a VERY common question, still i have to ask you all for help.

I am an administrator for a webhosting company. We have several servers and all of them are rated good in the MTA's senderbase system.

Recently we purchased a new server and now we are facing lots of problems because our servers IP is rated "poor". Being a new server this surprised us and regardless of all the measures taken the servers IP is still listed as "poor".

Can you help us?

I dont kno if its safe to publish the IP here so for now i will answer general questions, and publish as much as possible so you can advise us on the proper steps to clean up the servers reputation:

Some info:

1) The daily and monthly magnitude are: 2,7 (we have many servers with lower scores rated as good)

2) Date of first message seen from this address         2010-05-31 (date we started working with this server)

3) Only thing that looks different form our other servers is "Fwd/Rev DNS Match" wich shows nothing ( as opposite to "Y" in all our other servers)

Could it be number 3?? what exactly does this mean, the server has reverse DNS properly configured.

We cant find any other way to contact the senderbase support so we hope this forum is the place for this.

any help would be highly appreciated

regards

soportered6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Eduardo,

>Sorry but I am not a native english speaker, i dont undertsand your answer, mainly what is:

> CSVB ?

Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker. This is the product discussed in this forum here :-)

> GUI ?

Graphical User Interface. This is the administration interface of the Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker that is accessible by using a web browser.

> CLI ?

Command Line Interface. This is the administration interface of the Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker that is accesible by SSH and/or Telnet (depending on your IP Interface configuration).

I might be mistaken as I was assuming that you're using a Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker on your premise. This is why I was suggesting to raise a ticket with the STAC support team so that they can assist you in here.

So the initial question here is: are you using this product (Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker)? If so, please raise a ticket as initially suggested. If not, please contact support@senderbase.org asking for help on your SenderBase Reputation Score while providing the P address in question.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

even when this is a common question, each IP has a different history and therefore no generic answer that applies to all cases of poor SBRS score  can be provided. I'd therefore recommend to open a ticket with the STAC team providing the IP address in question. Even when the STAC is not allowed to disclose the details of the poor SBRS score (as this info is Cisco confidential), they can point you in a good direction what to verify and where to look at regarding your distinct IP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin

Hia again and thanks for your quick answer, may i know how to open a ticket with the STAC team? i would gladly provide the servers IP, its just i cant find anywhere to do this.

regards

Eduardo L.

Hello Eduardo,

the easiest way to do this is on your CSVB directly from the GUI under help and support -> open a support case/support request or on the CLI with the command 'supportrequest'.

Regards,

Martin

Hi

thanks again

Sorry but I am not a native english speaker, i dont undertsand your answer, mainly what is:

CSVB ?

GUI ?

and

CLI ?

What i guess is that you mean i contact my servers support? We already did so and they specify the server is in no black lists and they cant find any problem with the IP. Therefore what i would like to do is to contact cisco support and/or http://www.senderbase.org/ support, so they can explain me why are we listed as "poor" and how can we correct this (i really do not undertsand why, since our score is not bad, and we are in no black lists). This server is not even been used to send mail, its brand new, and only a few weeks ago we transferred some users wich complained about their mails been rejected by poor reputation, so mainly the reputation preceded any mail traffic on the server.

Correct me if i am wrong, if you meant something else.

What we need is to contact someone in the "senderbase" team to work with them in solving the issue.

regards

Eduardo L.

Hello Eduardo,

>Sorry but I am not a native english speaker, i dont undertsand your answer, mainly what is:

> CSVB ?

Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker. This is the product discussed in this forum here :-)

> GUI ?

Graphical User Interface. This is the administration interface of the Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker that is accessible by using a web browser.

> CLI ?

Command Line Interface. This is the administration interface of the Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker that is accesible by SSH and/or Telnet (depending on your IP Interface configuration).

I might be mistaken as I was assuming that you're using a Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker on your premise. This is why I was suggesting to raise a ticket with the STAC support team so that they can assist you in here.

So the initial question here is: are you using this product (Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker)? If so, please raise a ticket as initially suggested. If not, please contact support@senderbase.org asking for help on your SenderBase Reputation Score while providing the P address in question.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi

first of all thanks for your quick and extensive reply

No, i dont use CSVB

As we speak i sent a mail to support@senderbase.org and already got an answer, so i will go on from there. Will let you know if i need any more assistance.

And yes i just want my IP to be cleared, since its rated "poor" and i am getting lots of user mails bounced.

thanks again!

regards

Eduardo L.

soportered6
Level 1
Level 1

FYI

support@senderbase.org fixed this issue, they asked us if it was a new server, and our date of purchase and now it shows "good" reputation. Excellent support! This changes our opinion for the use of MTAs reputation list.

thanks again to all who helped.

regards

soportered6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: