Views
Helpful
Replies

After accessed VPN, use VPN Internet connection as default Internet Connection

kliuol2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to do this, after the vpn client accessed VPN from his local internet connection, his default internet connection automatically changes to VPN's Internet connection. I use cisco router 871w as our LAN/Internet router and configured the remote VPN server and split the tunnel. Now The VPN client can access  our VPN from his home PC, but the internet connection is still his local internet connection. Please advise if I can implement this, let him using our Internet directly after access VPN .

Thanks a lot.

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

when you use split tunneling only the traffic destined to internal network will go though the tunnel and rest all (internet) goes through the local isp

if you want internet connection through the router you will need to disable split tunneling

to do this remove the acl from the group configuration

and then you will need to make a loopback interface and put a routemap on your outside interface pointing all vpn traffic to go to loopback

and then you will need to make loopback as ip nat inside

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_configuration_example09186a008073b06b.shtml

hope this helps

Hi jathaval,

Thanks for your response. I tried the solution you told me. Anyway, I still didn't get the right result as expected. I attached the cisco route 571w config file here. Could you please check it if anywhere I didn't configure it well.  Now the VPN can login to access but it still can't access internet  and it looks even the LAN local machines can't access internet. When I remove the line: ip policy route-map VPN-Client, LAN can access internet.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: