Replies

WLC 2112 With AIR-LAP1252

k_vikrams
Level 1
Level 1

lap 1252 is shown in CDP but not associated with wlc 2112 software version 5.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok.  On the AP, do a "dir" command.  You should see two IOS in the list.  One of the IOS has the "rcv" between the filename.  If you see this then DELETE the second/third IOS using the command "delete /f  /r flash:".  Reboot.  Once the AP has rebooted, run the command "lwapp ap ip address" command again.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could you, by any chance, provide further information?

1.  Is this happening to just one AP or all?

2.  What is the full IOS version your AP is running?

3.  Is the AP connected to an access port?

4.  Is your WLC connected to an access port?

5.  What error message do you get?

6.  Is the LAP getting a valid IP address?

Alternatively, console into the AP and enter the command "lwapp ap controller ip address ".

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

Hi leolaohoo

Thanks for quick reply

1. Is this happening to just one AP or all? All ap

2. What is the full IOS version your AP is running? 12.4

3. Is the AP connected to an access port? One ap is Directly connected to WLC port no-3 and another ap is in Trunk port (there are Nortel switches)

4. Is your WLC connected to an access port? Trunk Port

5. What error message do you get?

6. Is the LAP getting a valid IP address? No ap is not getting IP when I am trying to configure controller ip then getting error msz - Command disabled

I am unable to reset ap also

Description: cid:image001.png@01CB2E60.16D05040

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram Singh

No ap is not getting IP when I am trying to configure controller ip then getting error msz - Command disabled

This is the reason why your AP is not joining.  It's because the AP can't get a valid IP address.  You can't, with 5.X firmware, configure the IP address of the AP using this method.  You have to use the command "lwapp ap ip address ".

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

PS:  Cisco is recommending everyone to avoid 5.X like a bad smell.  Upgrade to 7.X instead.

I have Tried lwapp ap ip address

command disabled

Ok.  On the AP, do a "dir" command.  You should see two IOS in the list.  One of the IOS has the "rcv" between the filename.  If you see this then DELETE the second/third IOS using the command "delete /f  /r flash:".  Reboot.  Once the AP has rebooted, run the command "lwapp ap ip address" command again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I have upgrade the WLC IOS

All problem has been resolved

Thanks for the ratings.  Again, please stay away from 5.X and 6.X firmware.  Upgrade to 7.X if you can.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: