Python? Radius? Other Packages?

Unanswered Question
Jul 27th, 2010
User Badges:

So I just setup my NSS 324.  Couple of things that seem to be missing.  RADIUS plugin seems to be missing (although I don't need this just yet), and then there is also mention in the documentation to Python/Java/Bittorrent and a few other packages, which I can't find anywhere.  Are these just not out yet?

I tried installing Python on it's own via ssh, but it can't find a compiler, so it then blows up.  Even if I did, I'm guessing it would probably need root access to move it.

Anybody been successful using something like portable python or something else?  I do know it has PHP on it right now (version 5.2.11 to be exact), running Apache 2.0.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Alejandro Gallego Wed, 07/28/2010 - 06:20
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Welcome to the Cisco Community Eric.

To answer all your questions simply and quickly;  YES!

All of the PKGs such as Python, Java, Joomla, etc. are being finalized and should be available for download by September as we make sure all our ducks are perfect.

As for the RADIUS feature, this will be out soon as a Firmware update, which will add RADIUS and include some fixes and enhancements (mainly background stuff).

Now, the reason you were not able to install Python via BaSH is because the Linux version we are using is embedded Linux and as you already found out, it does not include many of the typical modules and commands of common distros. Also, all of our PKGs are just a single click install and covers all dependencies without user intervention.

Keep an eye on the forums as we will post a message once the FW is available. Please continue to give us feed back on your experience with the NSS324 whether good or bad.

Actions

This Discussion